PDA

View Full Version : Polish/Wax/Sealant???

MidnightHour
06-09-2003, 12:15 AM
What`s the difference between these three different types of products? I`ve got some Z1, Z2 and Z5 bottles sitting in my room and I see they`re listed under "sealants" in the Reviews section. I was wondering what these 3 products purposes are and what they do/do not accomplish. Thanks!

This is also my first post and I am very psyched about finding this forum. This is what I`ve been trying to find for a while now! I have a feeling I`ll be here for a long time. :wavey

Brandon

Jngrbrdman
06-09-2003, 12:19 AM
Polish will remove swirls and clean paint.

Sealant is a product that will protect the paint from the elements and UV rays.

Wax is a product that will protect to some extent but isn`t nearly as durable as a sealant. A wax may last up to 8 weeks while some sealants are known to last 4 or 5 months or beyond.

Zaino is basicly considered a Sealant since its definitely not a wax and I wouldn`t consider it much of a polish. I would go to Zaino`s website and do some reading about what each of the products do or do a bit of searching here. I`m not a Zaino user personally but I know you`ll get a lot of helpful advice from guys here who are. :welcome to Autopia!

shaf
06-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Welcome to Autopia SpeedSolutions! :welcome

Just to elaborate, polish is usually an abrasive of some kind, but the strength can vary. They don`t "clean" (like the way a soap does) but they are sometimes also called paint cleaners/cleansers.

They are technically different (and often used differently), but in function, waxes and sealants both have the same job. Who knows why the heck Zaino calls its stuff "polish". ;)