PDA

View Full Version : Favorite High Gloss Tire Shine......

Deep_Freeze
06-08-2003, 02:47 AM
I know most here like a low gloss shine on their tires. Never being one to fit in with the norm, heh, I like and want a high gloss shine. Everyone has their personal tastes, and mine is for that shine I can see with my black car.

The most important thing in this is of course the safety of it, cause alot of high gloss tire shine has silicone, a no-no. Currently, I am trying Meg`s new high gloss shine with the new spray cap, but something better is always searched for.

So, what is a safe really high gloss tire shine that doesn`t sling all over everything???

imported_memnuts
06-08-2003, 06:40 AM
Poorboy`s Bold & Bright.

Super Shine Tire Shine.

High Gloss but both can be titrated for gloss by applying with tire swip. B&B also is self cleaning. :xyxthumbs

Both are rather durable but longevity I do not know. I detail my tire/wheels after almost every use of vehicle.

I am going to try the meg`s new product today. :bounce

I too need a high gloss product to match my glossy black paint. Anything less makes them look dull.

Richt
06-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Autoglym tyre dressing is my fave

imported_Luster
06-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Meguiar`s Hot Shine....best I`ve used.

Black cars look good with glossy shine.

This pic was taken after the dressing had soaked in for 2 days!

fisher
06-08-2003, 09:28 AM
I am useing Meg`s high gloss right now and love it.But I have a question for anyone that knows? Is there a tire dressing that wount turn brown after a little dust gets on them.My father-inlaw has a 2002 Honda sedan black very nice car when clean.He needs to drive on some gravel roads at times ( I have trained him not to go over 5 mph)for sales (advertising for the paper here) and his tires get brown right away and stay that way.What can I do?

ntoddalbert
06-08-2003, 10:00 AM
The browning is caused by the silicone and Petroleum Distillates, I have read 3 posts here today that claim the Meguairs contains no silicone, but it does, if it makes your tires shiny it has one or the other of the "Bad" ingredients. I don`t think its the problem some make it out to be though

I don`t mind some browning but after 3-4 cans of that product I went back to stoners which doesn`t seem to be as bad but even stoners will brown tires, just takes longer to show up, Eagle tire/wheel cleaner helps

Carcareonline.com has a great FAQ on Tire products, seems to be unavailable at the moment or I would include a link

MirellaBoo
06-08-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

The browning is caused by the silicone and Petroleum Distillates, I have read 3 posts here today that claim the Meguairs contains no silicone, but it does, if it makes your tires shiny it has one or the other of the "Bad" ingredients. I don`t think its the problem some make it out to be though

I think the Browning the Fisher is getting is from dust collecting on the dressing. Unfortuately they is not alot you can do as dirt/dust sticks to anything and the dressing makes it just that much more sticky. If you can put up with more flat finish it wont "brown" as much, for that try some 303.

Acura_RL
06-08-2003, 10:57 AM
I use Meguiar`s Endurance High Gloss. Haven`t noticed any browning.

fisher
06-08-2003, 11:11 AM
I think the weather here is alot different than most place that you guys are from.It rains alot ,windy most of the time,which when windy there is alot of farms around here so it can get quite dusty from time to time.It doesnt help that there is some roads in this stupid City that still have gravel on them.Yah it makes me mad when it rain got to drive down the road were it all dusty then turns to mud(the road off to the right side is gravel).I think I will have to suck it up and just deal with it.But in all of this the good thing about Meg`s high gloss is that when they do get a little brown is that I have to rub my tires really good and that gets it off(when I wash it)and that turns it back to black again.Like I said before I will just have to live with it.Thanks guys

imported_bigltc
06-08-2003, 08:51 PM
I use EO Tire Wet and EO applicator sponge thingy. It`s great!

rd_volvo
06-08-2003, 10:48 PM
One Grand ERV

Deep_Freeze
06-08-2003, 11:08 PM
I have tried EO Tire Wet and Megs Endurance High Gloss. The EO didn`t last long enough, megs wasn`t shiny enough and slung everywhere. Really, I have had my best luck with Megs Hot Shine I guess, haven`t tried poorboys or supershine though, cause they are not readily available. Might give them a try though.

Have never even seen a tire turn brown, maybe I am not looking hard enough, lol. I would probably freak out if it did that.