PDA

View Full Version : Puddles on my windscreen from Z12?

JAGOWNER1981
06-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Well last week I decided to completely clean my windshield. I cleaned it with a glass MF and Eagle 20/20 as well as i could. Next I used Zaino Z12 glass polish on the whole thing rubbing it into the glass by hand. I rubbed each section of glass for about a minute and wiped it off with an MF. All was dandy until today and the car was sitting in the rain all day. I went to drive it and I noticed I had almost puddles on the window. Water would bead up everywhere else except a few certain spots (all oval in shape) where the water would cling to the glass, one happened to be right in my line of sight, grrrr. I don`t know what caused this or what to do about it. Would applying rain-x or aquapel help? This is really bothering me. Please help!

DaGonz
06-08-2003, 06:33 AM
maybe you missed a spot?

bjwebster
06-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by AlBoston

Well last week I decided to completely clean my windshield. I cleaned it with a glass MF and Eagle 20/20 as well as i could. Next I used Zaino Z12 glass polish on the whole thing rubbing it into the glass by hand. I rubbed each section of glass for about a minute and wiped it off with an MF. All was dandy until today and the car was sitting in the rain all day. I went to drive it and I noticed I had almost puddles on the window. Water would bead up everywhere else except a few certain spots (all oval in shape) where the water would cling to the glass, one happened to be right in my line of sight, grrrr. I don`t know what caused this or what to do about it. Would applying rain-x or aquapel help? This is really bothering me. Please help!

I would apply aquapel, I always do after polishing. It gives it thqt extra beading, long life edge.

On another note, I think some of the lexuses, ls`s, and sc`s, have a exterior coating on their glass to repel water, does yours?

JAGOWNER1981
06-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by bjwebster

I would apply aquapel, I always do after polishing. It gives it thqt extra beading, long life edge.

On another note, I think some of the lexuses, ls`s, and sc`s, have a exterior coating on their glass to repel water, does yours?

wow bjwebster replied to my post! I feel honored :D. Hehe, anyway I looked at the IS300 brochure and only the mirrors have that water repellant stuff, not the glass. On the LS and SC the side windows have the coating, windshield does not.

Magellan498
06-08-2003, 02:33 PM

If he did, he doesn`t any more! lol

imported_memnuts
06-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Ali, you can always apply a coat of Z2/5. Works great on glass.

WS6Fury
06-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Ali, you can always apply a coat of Z2/5. Works great on glass.

Huh??? That sounds scary to me... Won`t it smear like all hell as all other waxes do?

chris0626
06-08-2003, 10:08 PM
My regimen for glass: After a thorough wash, then clay the windows, then Z12, then Z2. Amazing results! Have you clayed your glass??? And, yes, do Zaino it. There are NO downsides. :up

JAGOWNER1981
06-08-2003, 10:33 PM
i doooo have aquapel... wish i saw this thread earlier. I mixed up Z5 and ZFX earlier and applied 3 more coats to the new C320 (making it 5 total coats). Oh well, next time.

TortoiseAWD
06-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by WS6Fury

Huh??? That sounds scary to me... Won`t it smear like all hell as all other waxes do? Doesn`t seem to, no. It`s been a while since I used Z on my glass (have Aquapel, now), but I didn`t have any problems. I just applied a very thin coat (tried to get it even thinner than when applying on paint). When the Z on the paint was ready to come off, so was the Z on the glass. No smearing, and crystal clear.

It beads water on glass nicely, but the beads don`t fly off as with Aquapel or Rain-X (in my experience, anyway) . . .

Tort