PDA

View Full Version : Best Leather Care Products

Pages : [1] 2

Fr0zen
06-07-2003, 10:52 PM
I got Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner I found the cleaner to work nice but the conditioner to leave a greasy like film behind and make the leather look shiny and not the no-gloss finish like when it comes from the factory what other products condition well but dont leave any greasy film thanks im also looking for no-gloss stuff for the dash board I seen cockpit premium.

Scott301
06-07-2003, 10:59 PM
I`ve heard good things about Zaino`s leather product and Griot`s leather care.

Brad

Mr. Clean
06-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Fr0zen

I really like the look that Poorboy`s Natural Look provides on my dashes. It is very low gloss and not greasy at all. I applied it to the dash and doors of my F-i-L`s `96 T-Bird about 2-3 weeks ago. It truly made the dash look new. The dash still looks good, and it seems to attract less dust.

I use the Lexol conditioner sparingly and use my hands to "massage" it into the seats. Again using the seats of our Volvo and the T-Bird the finish was matte-like both times. The leather finishes are different but the effect of the product was quite similar.

I like the Lexol cleaner, but it takes me several passes to completely rinse the residue from the seats. I have tried and tried to lessen the amount of product I spray, but...

tkr128
06-08-2003, 12:11 AM
I`ve been using Zaino Z9 cleaner and Z10 conditioner and like it a lot. The cleaner does a good job of cleaning the leather and the conditioner softens up the leather a bit and isn` t extremely shiny. The smell is pretty good. It`s a bit strong initially, but it turns into a really pleasant leather smell after a while.

rapidmax
06-08-2003, 12:33 AM
I just used Lexol for the first time and its only one I`ve really noticed a difference for. The seats are much cleaner and softer. Definitely worth the $$$

MBZ 500E
06-08-2003, 01:52 AM
FR0ZEN,

I noticed that the Lexol left a slightly shiny look on my leather as well but after 24 hours it looked completely natural and soft. I liked the way the Lexol worked but couldn`t stand the smell. I just bought some Griots Leather Conditioner and it is a good product. It also leaves a shiny surface after application and is streaky, but after 24 hours the leather looks 100% natural and soft. The best part is it smells like leather in my car, not like Lexol;)

spartacus_33
06-08-2003, 11:05 AM
I`ve had very good luck with 303 on leather.

splogue
06-08-2003, 11:23 AM
I like Platinum leather conditioner. Smells like leather and leaves a matte finish. I just came in from using some when I saw this thread. Good stuff -- too bad it has to be mail ordered, and it isn`t cheap.

I`ve heard plenty of good things about Lexol, too. It is pretty much the industry standard. I think it doesn`t smell as good as the Platinum, or I would be using it.

Sean

Deanski
06-08-2003, 08:39 PM
I`ve heardd good things regarding Einszett Lederflege. Since the SC430 I have has the Ecru interior (light cream color) which is hard as hell to keep clean, I hate the gloss Lexol leaves. The Lexol cleaner is fine, but it`s more like a saddle-soap type cleaner.

I`m going to try the Lederflege as well as good ol` Zaino.

I also want that nice new leather smell. Nothing like it!

Regards,

Deanski

chris0626
06-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Fr0zen, I`ve had great success with the Zaino (z9 & Z10) on my Jag leather, which is low-gloss. The Z9 cleaner is exceptional, and the Z10 leaves it feeling really good but just with its natural satin finish.

I think Mr. Clean is off the mark with his comments about Poorboy`s; I use it (and like it) on vinyl, but I think there are better products out there for actual leather.

Do you know whether you have regular leather or coated leather? A recent experience of mine on the Benz suggests they react quite differently. So ... what kind of car do you have?? (You might want to put it in your sig line, so it would be obvious when you ask questions.)

Mr. Clean
06-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Lynn

I think Mr. Clean is off the mark with his comments about Poorboy`s; I use it (and like it) on vinyl, but I think there are better products out there for actual leather.

If Fr0zen`s dash is leather, then I misspoke. But he mentioned he was looking for a non-glossy treatment for his dashboard. I stand by my recommendation for Poorboys`s Natural Look for meeting that requirement.

Fr0zen
06-08-2003, 10:41 PM
i said i was also looking for something non-glossy for dash boards but i will settle for cockpit preiumum and you where right the lexol greasy film disappeared today when i came back in the car it disappears and leaves the leather really soft.

Mr. Clean
06-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Fr0zen

I`ll bet you will be happy with the Einszett product. DavidB gives it high praise, and he is usually pretty "right on" with his evaluations.

Glad the Lexol worked out for you. It really is a very good leather product IMO. Many people in the horsey set trust big $ saddles with it. Now if Lexol could do something about the smell:p

chris0626
06-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Clean

If Fr0zen`s dash is leather, then I misspoke. But he mentioned he was looking for a non-glossy treatment for his dashboard. I stand by my recommendation for Poorboys`s Natural Look for meeting that requirement.

Yeah, you`re right. I was just honing in on Fr0zen`s question about leather, and didn`t notice his dashboard question was separate. I agree with you that Poorboy`s is quite nice as a one-step cleaner/conditioner. But, lordy! since discovering David`s Einszett products for the interior, I must say I am swept away by them -- easy application, no-gloss finish, wow!

MSOsr
06-09-2003, 07:46 AM
Has anyone had a good experience with Leatherique rejuvenator?