PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Hot Shine for tires

Pages : [1] 2

Blackmirror
06-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Anyone ever try this product? It comes in a spray can with 3 different settings for low profile tires, taller tires, and medium size sidewall tires. I saw this at the local auto store but didn`t buy it so I`d like to get some opinions on it before buying.

Slackmeister
06-07-2003, 05:46 PM
I have used it a few times and am pretty satisfied with it. The adjustable spray settings are great for use on my short sidewalls. Seems to last at least a good 2-3 weeks on a car that isn`t driven much but is never garaged. I only wish it was avaliable in a low gloss version.

ntoddalbert
06-07-2003, 06:00 PM
I used it for a while, very durable and nice shine but it turned my tires brown like no other product I have tried and I have tried a lot. Nice feature on the sprayer though.

Pats300zx
06-07-2003, 06:27 PM
I just got a bottle of this (got it for free so what the heck). I am interested in trying it out. I have been a devote user of EO Tire Wet spray or Stoners MSLT. I guess we will have to see how this stacks up.

TortoiseAWD
06-07-2003, 07:24 PM
I tried it and had problems with slinging, even after the car sat overnight. I`ll use the rest on wheel wells . . .

Tort

imported_Smoker
06-07-2003, 07:29 PM
I use Megs Endurance.

Tho when it runs out I`ll prolly be swapping to Eagle 1 A2Z mainly because it comes in a spray bottle so its easier to apply.

Tim Lingor
06-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Smoker

I use Megs Endurance.

Tho when it runs out I`ll prolly be swapping to Eagle 1 A2Z mainly because it comes in a spray bottle so its easier to apply.

Ah...., A2Z is a wheel cleaner, not a tire dressing. Perhaps you were referring to EO`s Wet Spray dressing?

Auto Care USA
06-07-2003, 09:09 PM
I did not like the stuff at all. Stoners MSLT and Looks wet no mess have it all over that stuff.

shaf
06-08-2003, 02:02 AM
All I know is, it`s expensive for a tire spray.....

Deep_Freeze
06-08-2003, 02:38 AM
Well, I am a person who likes high gloss, unlike others here. It fills in this role well for high gloss, since there are not many tire shines out there anymore that are truely high gloss without silicone. I have been decently impressed with the gloss of it, and it is not supposed to harm the tires.

Someone mentioned it turned his tires brown, this is a relatively new product, don`t know how it alone would turn tires brown that fast. I haven`t had any problems with this.

The adjustable spray has not worked well with my first can at all. It sprays in a real thin line, no matter what, and I do have low profile tires, and it is still way too thin. I think it was just the bottle I purchased though, cause I messed with it and pulled the spray cap off. I think that messed it up. Will try another one.

corvettez
06-08-2003, 06:50 AM
I tried it on 60 series tires and let it set for one hour and buffed out the high gloss, too shiny IMO. It looked better after buffing out some of that "hey tone it down will ya" eye killing shine. It never slung from those tires. I tried it on 45 series tires with the nozzle adjusted and let it set over night before buffing and it ended up slinging off of those tires which surprised me considering it sat over night and got buffed out and the amount applied wasn`t alot to begin with. I like the adjustable nozzle concept and that`s probably the only reason why I tried it, not caring for tire sprays for other than wheel wells. I don`t think I`d buy it again unless it was as a close out or special and then it would be just for the wheel wells.

thevolvoguy
06-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by v85097

I tried it on 60 series tires

60 series on your 850? Dont you have 17`s?

corvettez
06-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Yes I do, 205\45...the 60 series tires are on another car. Have you tried the Hot Shine?

imported_Smoker
06-08-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 2hotford

Ah...., A2Z is a wheel cleaner, not a tire dressing. Perhaps you were referring to EO`s Wet Spray dressing?

LOL dunno - I kept stealing Jngrbrds wheel cleaner (orange bottle) and tire dressing (clear bottle) so I prolly got them mixed up.

But I know I preferred em over the Megs products!

I`ll get some today (cos I used all his ;) ) ready for the next installment of our Contract Car Cleaning saga tomorrow.

I hope he`s washed his damn waffle-weave tho.

20-odd cars later and 2 weeks to ferment it was starting to pong a bit last wednesday.

GET IT WASHED!!!!!!!

;)

Blackmirror
06-08-2003, 09:38 PM
everytime I spray it, some overspray goes on my rims. I hold the can like 6 inches away from the tire. I end up having to spray some QD on the rims to wipe it off. :mad: