PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep or pitch this car wash product?

JustinR32
06-07-2003, 02:33 PM
The pictures of all the detailing cabinets shamed me into reorganizing. I`m moving stuff across the garage to the new location (a cabinet that sat basically unused) and I found this: "Nissan Car Wash Concentrate". I last worked for Nissan in 1987, so that dates this product fairly accurately. On the back, it says it`s biodegradable and safe for all finishes; it also says, "DANGER: Contains Glycol Ether...."

Instinct says pitch it, but jeez, I`ll use it if it`s safe, so why not ask here first?

I did pitch some Rusty Jones Paint Sealant (circa 1986), some Auto Glaze Paint Sealant (circa 1987) and a Lincoln-Mercury Car Care Kit (circa 1988). If I haven`t used them by now, it`s likely that I won`t use them before I die, either.

Mosca

CRXSi90
06-07-2003, 05:05 PM
I like keeping stuff just in case I get in the mood to try something different. I`d say most of the stuff is safe to use otherwise it wouldn`t have been sold.

If you like the products, use them!

JustinR32
06-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Bah. I pitched it. Same reasoning; I`ve had it 16 years, if I haven`t used it by now....

Mosca

Fr0zen
06-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Anything with ether in it isnt to safe most stuff along time ago was made with no exceptions for strict rules of production like now days and they didnt have the knowledge of the chemicals and what they do later on like cause cancer and other stuff so its best to throw em out .

Anthony O.
06-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Should of looked for a museum of cars and gave it to them. Folks who are car nutz like to show case that stuff.

Anthony

shaf
06-08-2003, 02:23 AM
I would have dumped the product out (if you don`t want to keep that part of it) and at least kept the containers like Anthony said. I have a really old can of TW tar remover from my father that has that "retro" look to it. :)