PDA

View Full Version : Gliptone QD

blackMB
06-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Has anybody tried Gliptone QD. I think it`s called Body Gloss w/carnuba. Being that it`s a rainy day here i thought i would check out the local Pep Boys to see what I could see. I saw this Gliptone stuff never really heard of it. I used the search here but didn`t see much on the QD. I use S100 and thought that if this stuff had carnuba in it it might make my S100 last longer. If anyone knows anything about this stuff or if you have used it before I`d like to know what you think. Also, do you think it`s better to use a QD with carnuba in it.

Spilchy
06-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Hey MB Bob. First off, you`re going to have to remove that Eagles pic before we move forward :angry As a blood thirsty Giants fan, I must protest. Just kidding! :lol :lol I`ll get the last laugh when Shockey runs all over you.

Gliptone is a Tri State area East Coast thing - more like NY and NJ. They`re a firm based out of Long Island.

Not many people use their products that I know. You will hear next to nothing about it here. There is one other Autopian, NattyBumppo I believe who has a friend who uses their wax. The Guru report was not high on the waxes.

Personally, I use their car wash soap. I like it better than Meguiars GC. I also dillute it with water and use in spray bottle for my wheels.

I have never used that pink QD they sell. I have a few QD`s already so I never bothered to try it out. I like EF Clear Pearl as a QD that has Carnuba in it http://autopia-carcare.com/eimfabclearp.html

It doesn`t hurt to try it. I`d be curious how you make out! It is just slightly more expensive than the QD`s at Pep Boys.

Personally, I would only use a QD with Carnuba in it after a wash or detail. I would not use it as a lube for clay or to mist on an applictor pad when applying wax. I also wouldn`t use it inbetween coats of synthetics, glazes or polishes. Instead I would use Eagle One Wipe n Shine for all these things if required.