PDA

View Full Version : FInally got my PC! (and a question)

Buck-O
06-07-2003, 01:15 PM
So i finally got my PC last ngiht at Lowes, i had a 10% off coupon, and was able to get the 7336SP out the door for $106 and some change!

Even cooler my friend bought it in exchange for detailing the outside of his car, not a bad deal IMHO.

Anyway, heres my question. My Friends car is an 89 Toyota Celica All-Trac. White, No clearcoat. With a **** load of swirl marks in it. It looks like at one point someone tried to use a rotory buffer on the car and had NO CLUE what they where doing. We did a test on his right rear quarterpanel by hand, with 3 applications of SR2.0, one with a Terry applicator, and two with a Meguires yellow foam applicator, then two applications of SEPC, and two applications of SCG, topped with S100...HUDGE difference in the luster and shine of the paint. And wuite a bit of the swirls where removed int he process. But it could be better IMHO. Which is the reason we purchaced the PC. But, heres the problem we run into, my DACP is still on order, and i have yet to order my pads from CMA. So the short version of the question is, is using the stock PC white pad, with the SR2.0 going to be OK to use? Or will i just be making new swirl marks if i do?

Any help would be great, he should be here withen the hour, and if i gotta do the car by hand, then i gotta do the car by hand. :(

And of course... there will be before and after pics. :xyxthumbs

Accumulator
06-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Buck-O - IMHO, you won`t cause any problems. Go ahead and give it a try. Sometimes single-stage paint polishes up really well/easily and the OE-pad/SR2.0 won`t be too aggressive.

Buck-O
06-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Yeah, the test panel we did by hand turned out REALLY nice with the SR2.0, so i can only assume that the PC will just make things better.

Thanks for the input.

And I should have pics this evening.