PDA

View Full Version : All in one wax product???

Pages : [1] 2

Turbo Boss
06-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, My car is only 6 month old and I really dont want to spend a entire day with clay bar, step 1 then step 2 and step 3 products.

What is the best Meguairs or Mothers product ALL IN ONE wax product I can use and obtain very good results??

If you have another brand is OK

:xyxthumbs

Isaac

CwestinFD
06-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Klasse AIO (all-in-one)

http://www.properautocare.com/kla-16.html

less expensive options that are locally available,

mothers reflections or hot wheels wax

eagle one wet polish and wax

Jngrbrdman
06-06-2003, 10:41 PM
All in one? What are the results you are looking for? If your paint is new and clean then you don`t really need an all in one product. You probably just need a good quality wax. Meguiar`s Gold Class would be a good choice for wax. Its not an `all in one` type product because there is not such thing as a product that will clay your car, clean the paint, polish, and then wax. If your car is 6 months old and you care about keeping it looking new then there are some things you are going to have to take the time to do. Obtaining those "very good results" is not a quick process.

imported_Smoker
06-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Try `Turtle Wax` ask BradNC about the Wonder Product he tried... I hear they work pretty well as an `All In One`

:xyxthumbs

Seriously ..

Very Good Results don`t take `5 minutes` or I would be either a millionaire or broke.

A new vehicle has to be worth at least a little more time and effort perhaps more than a quick wipe over.

Even the most basic of protection will need 2 products and some effort.

kbshadow
06-06-2003, 10:44 PM
I am very happy with Mothers Reflections, cleaner wax.

It gives you a wet look with out a lot on money or work.

Bob

Stockton Ca

Turbo Boss
06-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, I dont one the best of the best profesional look.

What I mean, since my car is new, what is the best product I can use to take care of it without spending all day in the car.

Thats why I call it "all in one product".....But dont take it literally. I just want a product that give a aceptable look and a product that take care of the paint at the same time.

Isaac

imported_Smoker
06-06-2003, 10:57 PM
The problem is a wax or sealant will look nice but not clean the paint, removing any junk ... and a polish will clean the paint but wont protect it like a wax or sealant.

So your still stuck with using at least two products.

Jngrbrdman
06-06-2003, 11:02 PM
If you are looking for an easy system that looks good then I`d go with the Platinum system. Its not something you can get in stores though. You`ll have to order it. Its got a good paint cleaner product and you follow that with the sealant. It will look as good as any wax off the shelf and it will protect as well as any other sealant. You will still be reapplying it 4 or 5 times a year if you want to do the minimal work at maintaining it, but its an easy product to work with that gives great results. You can get it at www.premiumautocare.com

The other suggestion I would give you is the Klasse system. You can get that right here at Autopia. The All In One product in that system is second to none. The sealant is a little tricky and may have you out there for a bit of time. I am pretty good at using Klasse at this point but it will still take at least 2 hours to do your car with AIO and SG simply because of the wait time after you apply the SG before you can buff it off. It is a little tricky to use too so it might take you a bit longer on your first try. The product lasts longer than Platinum though. It doesn`t have the `wet` carnauba look of Platinum but it does shine well.

Turbo Boss
06-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

The other suggestion I would give you is the Klasse system. You can get that right here at Autopia. The All In One product in that system is second to none.

I am just curious. My car is a Skoda Octavia. And its my undertanding that this car come factory with polyourethane paint.

Or a Paint that does not damage the Oxone. And the Klasse All In One says: is simply a great acrylic one-step cleaner and German acrylic paint sealant.

Do this mean my car need to have acrylic paint in order to use this product?

Can you explain me this about the acrylic thing.

:confused:

Isaac

Bookus11
06-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Turbo Boss

Well, I dont one the best of the best profesional look.

What I mean, since my car is new, what is the best product I can use to take care of it without spending all day in the car.

Thats why I call it "all in one product".....But dont take it literally. I just want a product that give a aceptable look and a product that take care of the paint at the same time.

I know exactly what you mean......Since your car is new & you obviously sound like you want to pick it up locally just go grab some Meguires #6 cleaner wax.....I love this stuff for quick details & with regular use it will keep your car looking excellent. Mothers cleaner wax is also an excellent choice.

:up

Jngrbrdman
06-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Its not a sealer for acrylic paint. Its an acrylic sealer for paint. Make sense? Its the product that has acrylics in it and not the paint you put it on. Its nothing permenant that is going to hurt your paint. It is safe for every kind of automotive paint that I know of.

imported_Dude
06-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Everyone else has good points.

I`d go with Mothers` cleaner wax. It lasts slightly longer than the Meguiars`, IMO.

shaf
06-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Turbo Boss

Hey guys, My car is only 6 month old and I really dont want to spend a entire day with clay bar.... My personal advice to you is that you`d still want to do the claying since it`s only something you`d want to do once or twice a year (depending) and will make the paint feel great. No wax/polish or All In One product can replace the job of clay. You may really want to consider simply buying a Mothers Clay Kit. This comes with clay, a nice QD (that will come in useful later), and 4oz of their cleaner wax that Dude mentioned. People seem to like the Mothers cleaner wax as far as such products go.

Otherwise I would defer to people`s suggestions of Klasse AIO or Mothers Reflections, both of which are probably a bit longer lasting I imagine.

There was a recent thread about cleaner waxes here: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23707&highlight=cleaner

And you may want to search around for more opinions about the products mentioned here.

By the way, welcome to Autopia. :welcome

imported_BretFraz
06-07-2003, 10:18 AM
I have a silly question......

Since the original poster is from Europe somewhere, which of the products recommended are available to him locally? Let`s try to be a little more geographically sensitive in our recommendations.

TURBO BOSS - What products are available to you where you live? Much of what`s be suggested to you is easily available in the States but may be very difficult to obtain in Europe. If you can tell us where you are located and what is available, we can help you a little better. Thanks.

Accumulator
06-07-2003, 11:19 AM
bretfraz - Yeah, the "geographically sensitive" idea is what I was thinking.

TURBO BOSS- A good all-in-one product that might be available to you is AUTOGLYM Super Resin Polish. Easy to use, good results. Similar to the Klasse All In One, but probably has longer lasting protection than the Klasse.

BTW, claying can take as much or as little time as you want. It doesn`t have to be a really big deal, but it IS a good idea.