PDA

View Full Version : just got s100

Pages : [1] 2

fisher
06-06-2003, 08:39 PM
I cant wait to get this on my car!but I have one question,I was going to use gold class first then s100 what do you think? Or should I use s100 by it self.:nixweiss

Tim Lingor
06-06-2003, 08:45 PM
I would use the Gold Class first as I believe that it will last a little longer than S100.

Cheers!

Jngrbrdman
06-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Gold Class would more than likely remove the S100. Put S100 on last if you are going to layer them. Don`t do it in the same day either. Layering waxes is usually only really effective if you let them dry or cure or whatever it does that keeps them from just mixing together. Trust me on that. I may not know what the wax is doing but I know it needs a day or so between coats to make layering worth it.

Patrick
06-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Jngr, nice avatar.......Didnt think you would give up the dancing S100............lol

May I ask what your acheiving by topping Gold Class with S100 ?

imported_Smoker
06-07-2003, 12:59 AM
Peace of mind ?

:xyxthumbs

fisher
06-07-2003, 08:37 AM
Patrick- the Gold Class has a really good shine to it so I thought it would look even better with s100 topped off.It has seem to work with other cars so I am going to try mine.I will get pictures as soon as this damn rain stops. Jngrbrdman--sweet avatar!!!

Kic26
06-07-2003, 09:44 AM
I have a ? why is it that when you layer s1oo over several coats of Klasse there is always water spots after a rain then I have to intro aio and start over thought s

also anyone have asugg how to get blue ink out of tan Jeep leather ?

FoundMyPath
06-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Why wouldn`t you get rid of the water spots with a QD like Meg`s? Wouldn`t that be easier than doing the whole AIO/SG/S100 process over again? I`ve had good results with maintaining the appearance via QD`ing my Pathy.

It`s like you`re wasting all the effort you`ve put into protecting your car that the AIO/SG/S100 is supposed to give you in the first place.

BTW, Meg`s QD can be bought from K-Mart or Walmart for about $5/spray bottle. Or you can splurge for better products if you wish!

CRXSi90
06-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Jngr, why wait between GC and S100? GC is a polymer of some sort, and S100 is of course a caruauba. The carnauba shouldn`t soften the polymer. My only concern with that combo (which I also use) is the S100 not sticking to the GC because it is rather slippery and greasy. My concern was immediatly erased when I thought of people using glazes before their carnaubas.

$0.02?

fisher
06-07-2003, 06:09 PM
so should I use GC first then s100?

Tim Lingor
06-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes, use the GC then S100.

:xyxthumbs

fisher
06-07-2003, 08:04 PM
thank you everyone, there is so much help here,I love it.And this time I even used the search button!but I could not find the answer I was lookin for.Thanks again everyone. :dance

shaf
06-08-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by CRXSi90

Jngr, why wait between GC and S100? GC is a polymer of some sort, and S100 is of course a caruauba..... I apologize for not being Jngr ;) but GC isn`t a polymer or purely a polymer product as we tend to think of them, and it has reputedly poor durability. Most products seem to have a curing time when it hardens and sets better. I would wait a day between layers of anything now.

Hawkeye_TDI
06-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Gold Class would more than likely remove the S100. Put S100 on last if you are going to layer them. Don`t do it in the same day either. Layering waxes is usually only really effective if you let them dry or cure or whatever it does that keeps them from just mixing together. Trust me on that. I may not know what the wax is doing but I know it needs a day or so between coats to make layering worth it.

Why would gold class remove S100? Is it a cleaner wax? I agree about layering waxes. It seems to me the solvents in one would cause the underlying layer to just move around and mix with the new layer.

Bruce

CRXSi90
06-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Yep, gold class has some cleaners in it.

I thought that Gold Class was a purely a polymer...or atleast doesn`t contain any natural wax like carnauba. My understanding was that GC`s poor durability was due to it`s composition which is more like a glaze than a wax...if that makes any sense...

1 question...maybe I`ve had this wrong all along. If you apply...say...Klasse SG, you should wait a day or so before applying something like S100?

P.S. it`s ok that you`re not jngr, 4DSC. ;)