PDA

View Full Version : Clear Bra bubbles all gone Long

Labshark
06-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Hello all,

Well for those of you that have had clear bra`s installed in the last few weeks you might be interested in reading this.

I had my bra installed about 60 days ago. I was told that the bubbles would take up to 4 weeks to go away.

I also had the headlight`s protected. All products were 3M, and they were applied with a soap/water solution.

Well it was about 55 days and there were still thousands of air pockets on the lights (pin sized). I live in Tucson, AZ and the temp has been over 100 each and every day for the last two weeks.

I keep the car garaged, but still drive it all day, and the temp in the garage is close to 95 degrees.

I also noticed some red, rust colored areas begin to pop up.

I was just about to call the installer when I had to have my car repaired at the dealer. It took them 5 days, to complete the repair. However, they kept the car out for the entire time, in the sun, baking.

When I picked it up, to my amazement, the bubbles on the lights were 100% gone. I mean not one remained! The rust colored spots were also 100% gone. I dont know what they were?

The only thing that remains are a few air pockets that need to be dealt with, but this will take me all of 5 mins.

The point of the story- it took 60 days and 5 days of 110 degree sun baking to "cure" my clear bra. So dont panic if after the standard 30 days your bra still has liquid or tiny air bubbles. They will indeed disapear.

Zero stone chips - 2k miles! YAY!

Eric