PDA

View Full Version : Big Blue - first time tips?

DigiDan
06-06-2003, 11:26 AM
I just got my first BBT from Classic Motoring, and all I can say is chamois` are for the birds!

First time using it on the "pimp wagon" (what I refer to our Steel Blue Pearl Grand Caravan) was fantastic.....literally, like it was stated, dried off the whole van without having to wring the towel out.

I went to wring it out though, as I would continue to dry and it was trailing water beads (very small beads), and it was almost impossible to wring out. I had to basically wait all night for it to dry out.

I don`t know if there`s a break in period for the towel to really start to work, but I could not wring it out. Should I have soaked it in a bucket, or rinsed it, to get all the water out so I could wipe the car dry without the water beads?

If anyone has some newbie tips, I`m all ears. If anything, that towel makes me want to buy another, maybe 2......a really great product that makes car washing very enjoyable.

Thanks

Digidan

PakShak
06-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Hi Digidan,

The Big Blue waffle weave micro fiber towels are great. But I think for a Grand Caravan one Big Blue will not be enough. Or I would recommend using a smaller micro fiber towel as a final wipe towel for the remaining water beads. The Big Blue was not meant to be wringed out. That`s the beauty of it. As you had said, I think getting one more will do the trick. :xyxthumbs

Oh, and you can also dry your Big Blue in the dryer at low heat. It comes out great! But don`t use any fabric softener or dryer sheets.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

:)

DigiDan
06-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Sweet....thanks for the feedback!

I was wondering that......the wringing part. I just might have to get a couple more then.

It was great for doing the glass also (especially on a minivan with all that area), and really did a good job of wiping it clean and dry, and not just wiping more water on it. No waterspots whatsoever.

Thanks again!

getfit74
06-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Nope, you need to buy 2. I was very disappointed in the BBT for that very reason. At that price, you shouldnt have to buy 2. I have yet to find any drying product to compete with a sythetic chamois