PDA

View Full Version : BF Polish`s capabilities ?

mauritiusblue
06-06-2003, 10:24 AM
I am still in the process of looking for a dealer that carries DACP and I plan to detail my car this weekend.

If I am unable to find the DACP, I`m just gonna go with the 3M SMR and the Blackfire polish on top of it.

My question is; How good is the process?

I know SMR has fillers in it, but it also has abrasives that will remove some of the swirls. Will the Blackfire polish remove the fillers that SMR put in and put its own fillers into those spots? I know the Blackfire protectant will probably bond better to its own polish rather than SMR.

Would this be a nice way to go until I do my next detail later on this year, when I can get my handds on some DACP? Of course I`ll do the whole Clay job and all the other good stuff.

Thanks!

Accumulator
06-06-2003, 11:13 AM
HuKaShI - If you were considering DACP, I think you`re gonna need something stronger than the SMR. Yes, I think the BF polish will remove the fillers (it can be quite the cleaner, I use it on wheels), but, in my experience, no it won`t do much filling of its own (despite the CMA info). I DO think that the BF polish makes a good base for the BFII.

Maybe one of our REAL BF experts will chime in.