PDA

View Full Version : Buffing leather seats w/ the 7424

JustinR32
06-05-2003, 05:25 PM
OK, so I asked about leather products.

I found a bottle of Johnson & Murphy`s Leather Balm in the garage (if you look in the pic of my supplies, it`s a little tan bottle right in front; but that`s not important now). I opened it, and it smells alright, kinda earthy, but not strong or artificial. I read the instructions: "Massage into leather. Allow to dry, then buff with a soft cloth to a high luster."

Hmmmm. Buff. I can do that.

I applied it to the seats, and allowed it to dry. Then, I took the PC, covered it with a wool bonnet and then a terry bonnet, and set it on "3", and buffed those suckers to a nice high luster, you betcha I did.

I dunno, y`all prolly do this all the time yerselves, but it feels kinda cool to have discovered it myself. The seats look damn nice, better than they ever have, not shiny but truly "lustrous". No camera here at work, but anyhow all you`d see is nice polished leather seats.

Mosca

BradE
06-05-2003, 05:31 PM
I would not recommend anyone use a machine to buff leather seats. You risk serious damage to the leather, and can potentially destroy the coating (on coated leather)

JustinR32
06-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Oops. Still look pretty good though. It seems one time was OK.

Thanks.

Mosca