PDA

View Full Version : doin my car this weekend HELP!

direkt
06-05-2003, 01:35 PM
hey all bare with me on all my questions.

Here is my plan

1. wash

2. clay

3. wash

4. poorboy SSR1

5. Meguairs DACP

6. poorboy polish

7. poorboy EX

8. ps carnuba

Here are my questions.

1. I got a PC and im curious about what I should use the PC to apply and at what speed ranges. Also, when applying with the pc or removing I should be using a terry bonnet correct?

2. The EX requires a 24 hour period between coats, so if I was to leave my car parked in the garage I could just apply another coat without having to do any additional steps?

3. I have some scratches so im gonna attempt to attack them with the SSR1 but if this fails ill step it up to the SSR2. Are there any techniques specific to removing scratches?

4. I got the pad kit and I wanna be sure I understand what each pad is for. Grey pad is for applying glazes or sealants. White pad is for swirl removal and there used for the majority of polishin and waxing. Yellow pad is for stubborn scratches and cars with oxidation.

Thanks for everyones help I cant wait to see how my car comes out!

Poorboy
06-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Answers to some of your questions...

#2 ..only needs an hour or so between coats

#3 ..I`ve always found following the scratch(if it`s a line not circle) is the first way to work no matter what direction it is...basically with an abrasive of any tpe when trying to remove a scratch mark you are really leveling the surrounding surface to the scratch....beware of going after really deep scratches unless you`re looking to prematurely do paint work.

then polish back and forth following the air flow of the vehicle...

sorry can`t answer your pad questions...:nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
06-05-2003, 03:41 PM
You`re correct in what color pad does what job.

I usually start the PC at 3-4, wait till the product starts to flash off, then crank it up to 5-6 and buff the panel completely.

There are lots and lots of posts about PC usage. Please search them out. 4DSC has a link to PC posts in his sig so look for one of his posts and clicky.

EDIT - Found it for ya http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14421

Make sure you read the links in that thread. When you`re done reading you`ll be a PC expert. :xyxthumbs