PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna....didnt work on black paint..

andrewdees
06-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Yesterday I washed my truck with dawn, clayed it, washed again, used menzerna intensive and final with a random orbiter (1 speed), then AIO, and finished with P21S. The shine is Awesome, but there are still swirls and a lot of tiny tiny scratches on ther tonneau, roof, and hood. do I need to apply the menzerna by hand to get the best results?? and I used a foam polishing pad with the RO.

JasonC8301
06-05-2003, 01:13 PM
The RO is to blame. If its one speed then there isn`t probably a lot of power running it.

I would ditch the one speed buffer and move on up to a PC, its not that more expensive considering the quality of the PC and the versatility of being able to remove minor swirls and being able to apply a wax with a finishing pad to your pick-up.

alsey
06-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Another thing, make sure you work the menzerna until it is basically dry. When I first got my PC, I was afraid of letting the products break down until dry and didn`t start to get good results until I did that. Maybe that will help?

andrewdees
06-05-2003, 03:32 PM
allright ill have to break down and get a PC in the next few months and try everything all over again, but for now it looks alot better than it did and I am very pleased with the results =)