PDA

View Full Version : Giving shine to my car this weekend

goixiz
06-05-2003, 07:10 AM
I am planning to give my 240sx (13yr old car with ok off-white paint but not beading when rain) a good start and dress it this weekend www.geocities.com/goixiz/300zx.jpg

Here is what i plan and please correct me if I am wrong

Shower - wash with dawn

Scrub - PC with wool pad using Fine cut cleaner from Hi-Temp (like a SMR liquid)

Pimple remover - Clay bar with lube (claymagic)

Powder - GEPC from p21s kit using PC with white foam pad

Makeup - P21s carnauba wax from Kit using PC with gray (CMA)pad

Can someone please advice and also let me know what settings i should try starting with the PC

ANYOTHER HINTS

shaf
06-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Switch the claying and the cutting steps. Claying should always precede polishing.

Also, and I don`t know how bad the condition of the car is, are you sure it needs the wool pad? You might want to try a foam cutting pad first and see if that does the job for you, especially since the strength of this Hi-Temp polish sounds a bit ambiguous. You should try to use the mildest process that gets the job done.

goixiz
06-06-2003, 06:07 AM
Do i need to rewash the car after Clay bar ?

Can I clay bar with not fully drying the car ? - Dry but not wait a day to fully dry

shaf
06-06-2003, 01:42 PM
No, you don`t have to fully dry the car before claying. It kind of depends if you want to use soap solution or QD as the clay lube. With soap you don`t have to dry very much, but you should re-wash and dry it afterwards. If you use QD you should dry it a bit better but you don`t have to wash after. If the clay you use leaves residue (clay smearing/sticking) though, re-wash it either way. Run a search on "clay lube soap" to find lots of info on this. HTH