PDA

View Full Version : dark car looks blochy in dim light?

phildeez
06-04-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey Autopians,

Was checking out my moms car in the early evening and the car`s paint looks blotchy or some parts darker than others like streaks.

is this uneven application of wax or is it something else i could be doing wrong. It is a dark metallic green Camry.

TIA

shaf
06-04-2003, 01:46 PM
I`m assuming you detailed it? It would really help if you`d mention what`s been done to the car with what products for starters......

phildeez
06-04-2003, 04:28 PM
ohh... sorry.... yes i detailed it with meguires 123, foam app., mf buff, and a final wipe down with QD. Im happy with the gloss and shine but when you really look at it in a semi lit light the paint looks uneven.

shaf
06-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Hm, strange. Does anything else look wrong like there are actual hazy, smeared streaks on the surface, or is the only problem that some spots just look darker than others?

It could be uneven application or (especially if you have streaking) applying too much product and not buffing it all off... Did you use different applicators and MF towels for each step? Just my guesses though, hopefully someone else will chime in too. :nixweiss

At worst you could try again, but maybe use less product, allow more drying time (if applicable), be more through/careful, and inspect it between each step.

phildeez
06-04-2003, 05:33 PM
well i just looked at the car in the sun today, and it look great couldn`t see the different colors, but that was strange i saw it yesterday evening? ohh well, i think ur right it might just be that i didn`t apply the product evenly or didn`t let it dry enough. I do always use different mf`s for each product. Thanks for your input... I`ll see if this phenomena occurs again as soon as i detail another dark colored car. :bigups