PDA

View Full Version : #7 + s100?

Lord Banshee
06-03-2003, 10:24 PM
how is this combo on a black car. I helped my friend with this exact combo this weekend past and his car was so smooth and wet looking. Came out very nice. I find that #26 doesn`t beed water very well is s100 any better? Oh and by the way i am getting better at this applying lighter if people remember my last post.

here is my methods of appling just to make sure i am doing it right guys.(*Note how long should s100 sit? me and my friend let it set maybe 2-5 minutes it came off very easy so i guess we did it right....*)

1. wash car

2. dry car.

3. polish section(front/rear on horizontal surface, top/bottom on vertical surfaces)

4. Buff off polish same as above method, then continue to next section

5. after polished whole car, go back with a new MF or 100% Cotton towel and buff off anything missed

6. Apply s100 to hood,front bumper, driver and passenger side front quater panels in same as polished method

7. Buff off all the applied s100 in the same method as above

8. Apply s100 to rest of car

9. Buff off s100

10. Come back around with another new MF or 100% cotton towel to get anything missed.

thanks, and by the way this forum is the best :)

chevyguy28
06-03-2003, 10:41 PM
You are not required to let S100 sit at all. As soon as you have applied it to a section of your paint, you can wipe it off right away. It`s so easy, I can do my car in 20 minutes.

imported_Smoker
06-03-2003, 10:45 PM
I prefer S100 to #26.

Its really easy to use, and it doesnt really have to sit at all.

I tend to apply it the same way you do, divide the car into :

1- front up to the doors

2- doors (if theres only 2, doors plus to front of the back arches)

3 - trunk lid, back bumper and roof.

Tim Lingor
06-03-2003, 10:46 PM
I try and avoid letting S100 sit too long. I did once, and had a heck of a time wiping it off!

I love using #7, but I add a polymer before the next step - S100.

Lord Banshee
06-03-2003, 11:11 PM
what is a polymer? thats a wax right? can you give some examples that wont take much away from the shine od the #7. The polymer will protect the paint better and beed water more too right?

thanks

OUCH
06-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Not sure of this a Polymer, Poorboy EX. Klasse SG is a polymer but not sure if it`ll bond to #7

Lord Banshee
06-03-2003, 11:32 PM
what technques to apply Poorboy EX? just after polish apply to all of car let haze then buff off or section by section? then apply s100?

Tim Lingor
06-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Firstly, a polymer is not a wax. It is a formula that is designed to last longer than a typical wax. But usually the trade off is in terms of warmth/depth of the paint. So what I and many others here do, is add a carnauba based wax like S100 as a topper(on top of the #20) to give that added wax shine/depth with the protection of the polymer. I like using Meguiar`s #20 Polymer Sealant though there are several brands listed here on the boards (everyone has their own favorites).

In terms of beading, that is an issue in itself. Beading has to do with surface tension and not so much with protection. If you do a serach, you will see many many posts talking about this.

If you are new to detailing, you should consider buying the Detailing E-book from this site. It gives many excellent pointers for people getting started into serious detailing.

Good Luck!!

chevyguy28
06-04-2003, 02:16 AM
What do you mean? Einszett glanz wax is a polymer wax.

Ryan328is
06-04-2003, 06:46 AM
Would Autoglym Extra gloss protection be a polymer and can it be topped with OG blotz and then S100?

Cheer`s,

Ryan

Pats300zx
06-04-2003, 07:39 AM
I used Megs #7 followed by S100 this past weekend based on some great posts from Mike Phillips. I use it on my 300zx and the paint is in excellent condition. I usually use Souveran on it and decided to give some S100 a try.

I was really impressed with the #7/S100 combo. The paint had really good depth and shine.

I put the #7 on very lightly and then buffed off with a 100% cotton towel. I then followed with a MF to remove what was left.

S100 is so easy to apply. You can wax an entire car in like 30 mins. No need for it to haze..wipe on..wipe off...smooth as butter.

I love the little foam app that it comes with. It fits my fingers perfectly and allows great control in putting on the wax.

shaf
06-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Polymer sealants aren`t really "wax" technically, but they do the same job and usually last longer so people sometimes just call it "wax". AG Extra Gloss is one, and so is 1Z Glanz Wax. Just because the company names it strangely doesn`t mean much. Some companies (like Zaino) even call this stuff "polish". Most of them have different application preparation/requirements from each other, so you should Search and read up on some to figure out which you like, if any. Nothing really wrong with traditional wax though.