PDA

View Full Version : meguires QD???

phildeez
06-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Howdy guys,

After I finish waxing I go over the car with QD and a MF to get that extra shine, but i`ve noticed that when i do this i tend to get streaks on the finish. especially on a dark car it will look uneven like the streaks are darker than before i wiped down. Anyone experience this before?

Also is there any other QD that might be better than Meguires?

TIA

phildeez:bounce

unclearty
06-03-2003, 01:59 PM
It will depend what`s on the car now. The easiest thing I`ve found is Quickshine from Clearkote.com.

Amazing product...doesn`t streak as easily as some other QD`s.

Do a search for Quickshine here.

phildeez
06-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. i`ll check it out...

as for the streaking you think it could be that the QD wasn`t sprayed on evenly? Hence the discolored streaks?

Bwana
06-03-2003, 02:10 PM
I`m still a newbie, but i also use Meg`s QD. It seems to me that I only get streaking when i use an excess of product, or keep using the wet side of the towel after i sprayed more on the surface. Try using a little less spray, or use the dry side of a towel every time you re-spray.

FoundMyPath
06-03-2003, 02:32 PM
You really need to spray across an area rather than let it spray on one stationary spot. Then use a dry side of your MF towel and wipe it off gently. If you have a few MF towels lying around that are clean and dry, use them! I believe streaking is caused by leaving the Meg`s QD on too long as I`ve learned early on.

Spray while moving your bottle across the panel you`re QD`ing. Then wipe with a dry MF towel. Turn over the folds on your MF each time you wipe dry so that not one area of your towel gets too concentrated with QD.