PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically(?) speaking.....

imported_erock
06-02-2003, 08:09 PM
What if you can only buy supplies from Auto Stores (i.e. AutoZone, Kragen`s, PepBoys, WalMart, etc.) and NOT from online retailers` (lets say they don`t exist).... What products would you pick up (waxes, polishes, everything) from these stores.....

Jus curious to see what products you would use if you couldn`t order the good stuff.... (zaino, blackfire, etc.)...

Jngrbrdman
06-02-2003, 08:27 PM
I would buy tons of Meguiar`s products. DACP, #9, #7, #26 or Gold Class, #29, etc. I would probably still use Clay Magic instead of their clay but I think just about everything else I can get from my local Meguiar`s distributor. They have the leather treatment, wheel cleaner, tire gloss, dash protectant, everything.

aljo
06-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I would buy tons of Meguiar`s products. DACP, #9, #7, #26 or Gold Class, #29, etc. I would probably still use Clay Magic instead of their clay but I think just about everything else I can get from my local Meguiar`s distributor. They have the leather treatment, wheel cleaner, tire gloss, dash protectant, everything.

I think he is talking about consumer line products?

I`d pick up the Meguires or Mothers 3 Step series.

Jngrbrdman
06-02-2003, 09:50 PM
I don`t know why AutoZone and other places don`t carry all of those. I`ve seen all of those except #20 and DACP on the shelf at AutoZone anyway. Your nearest automotive paint supplier is probably the next best place to get those though. If you have an AutoZone or Checker or PepBoys in town then the chances are that the rest of the Meguiar`s line isn`t far away in some paint shop. Its still local and not something you have to order. :)

topnotchtouch
06-02-2003, 10:14 PM
Hmmm I would use Meguiars DACP, #9, #7 and #26 or maybe S100 SEC, S100 Paste Wax. Ooops I am using those now and I didn`t have to order them on-line :) Just picked up some S100 SEC and Paste Wax today. :xyxthumbs

One thing that might lead you to a good source at finding detailing supplies is to go to www.meguiars.com and use their dealer locater. It will lead you to a dealer that carries the Meguiars product lines but, they might even carry other product lines as well. Typically I have found that most shops that carry Meguiars products also carry 3M and other lines as well.

Meguiars #9 SMR and #26 Carnauba Wax can be found at most auto parts stores. S100 can be found at just about any Harley Davidson dealer.

It may take some research but you will be amazed at what you can find locally. I typically buy on-line because it is cheaper and only buy locally when I need something quickly. Although today was the exception. I paid exactly the same price for my S100 SEC and Paste Wax at the local Harley dealer that CMA charged me for the same products. I had to pay shipping on top of that so I actually paid 8 bucks more buying it on-line.:angry