PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars #66

hankwoo
06-02-2003, 03:50 PM
I`ve seen this product and am assuming it is just a wax QD, but the product description describes otherwise, *Aggressive cutting action*.

Many people on the boards insist on #34; however, when it comes to using a wax QD on carnauba people opt to use different brands.

http://store4.yimg.com/I/premiumautocare_1742_1791365 http://store4.yimg.com/I/classic-motoring_1735_3428974

On a side not, I plan on applying a couple coats of #26. For daily use, and to extend the life of the wax and shine, should I use #34 or #66 daily?

imported_BretFraz
06-02-2003, 04:24 PM
This is one product where Meguiar`s has screwed up their labels. I wish they`d fix it.

#66 is not a QD in the typical sense. Its a cleaner wax product. Its more aggressive than #6 cleaner wax and really targeted at car dealers prepping cars for their lot and car washes who offer those "20 minute wash and wax" jobs. IIRC, #66 is not offered in consumer-friendly sizes, more like quart and gallon sizes which are perfect for businesses.

Maybe someday Meguiar`s will rethink this particular product`s label to more accurately reflect what it is. But in their defense #66 really is not a consumer product.

shaf
06-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

This is one product where Meguiar`s has screwed up their labels. I wish they`d fix it. Me too! :nono

There was a thread last year where some poor guy bought a gallon of this stuff thinking it was a QD like #34.....

BTW, I`m not sure there`s such a thing as a "wax QD", but there are spray waxes and also a few carnauba containing QDs on the market, which don`t really apply all that much wax by themselves.

CharlesW
06-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by hankwoo

For daily use, and to extend the life of the wax and shine, should I use #34 or #66 daily?

Use #34 whenever you think it is needed. Daily, weekly, hourly, whatever works for you.

Leave the #66 at the store. Most enthusiasts do not want this product at all. As was stated, it is intended for production work.

Charles

hankwoo
06-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanx guys! :) Going to buy a gallon of #34!