PDA

View Full Version : Slow CMA?

mpdive
06-02-2003, 09:03 AM
I have placed an order for some new micro fiber products from CMA on april 22 and they are still back ordered. This was my first order to them. Have any of you had delays like this or is this an exception?

rolle4
06-02-2003, 09:08 AM
I`d have to say that a delay of that length is definately the exception to the rule IMO. CMA has allways been able to get my orders to me in a reasonable time.

imported_BretFraz
06-02-2003, 09:34 AM
This is unusual except for maybe microfiber towels. I know that CMA has a pretty strict QC policy so perhaps the recent shipments have not been up to snuff. Microfiber QC seems to be a big problem.

I`d call CMA and ask for an ETA. If the answer is not acceptable, consider cancelling your order and ordering your MF`s from another source. Lots of us here like Pakshak.com and MicrofiberTech.com. Also check out Neatitems.com too. Contact them to ensure they have the towels you want in stock.

topnotchtouch
06-02-2003, 09:47 AM
I have placed many orders with them and they have exceeded my expectations each and every time.

Poorboy
06-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Seems there is a back order problem with mf these days...I was told that all ships coming from the far east are being boarded by a health team and checking all crew members for SARS before they will let the customs people process incoming goods.

I don`t know if they(my supplier) were telling a story or not but I am back ordered too on mf. It sort of makes sense since obviously the Chinese government can`t seem to contain it.

:nixweiss

terry@cma
06-02-2003, 11:06 AM
Microfiber towels have been a big frustration for us. World wide demand for Microfiber has pushed normal delivery times from 4 weeks to over 12 weeks. We have open orders that go back to January 15th. In addition, normal customs clearance after 911 has gone from 5 to 7 days to as long as 30 days. Every shipment is being checked very carefully.

Today, June 2nd, we received a container of 50,000 towels which puts us in a stock position on all towels. We have turned all order buttons on. In addition we have another container with another 50,000 towels expected next week. I thank all of you for your patience. No one likes being out of stock on a popular item less than I do!

Terry Freiberg

Classic Motoring Acc.

Scott P
06-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by terry@cma

Today, June 2nd, we received a container of 50,000 towels which puts us in a stock position on all towels. We have turned all order buttons on. In addition we have another container with another 50,000 towels expected next week.

All I can say is damn, that`s a lot of towels. "100,000 MF towels on the wall, 100,000 towels...take one down, buff it around, 99,999 towels on the wall..."

:D

imported_FUEL
06-02-2003, 12:00 PM
I have always had good experience with CMA. Call Jan and ask her whats up she is a really nice gal.

Kleanride
06-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Scott P

All I can say is damn, that`s a lot of towels. "100,000 MF towels on the wall, 100,000 towels...take one down, buff it around, 99,999 towels on the wall..."

:D

Funny! but don`t quit your day job! ha! ;)