PDA

View Full Version : Meguires`s Quik Wax vs S100

Gadfly
06-01-2003, 04:45 PM
From Mike Phillips` description of the preferred application procedure for their new Quik Wax: Apply to cloth and spray on car, then buff off with clean cloth. It would seem that it would be just as easy and quick to put a fast coat of S100 on the vehicle. The shine, I would imagine, would be about as good as Quik Wax and the S100 should last a bit longer, to boot.

Even with Quik Wax`s low PRICE PER BOTTLE, I think that the PRICE PER APPLICATION would be the same, or even less for the S100. :confused:

Pats300zx
06-01-2003, 05:51 PM
I think you will be better with S100 in the long run. My experience that Quick Wax is for more maintenance than anything else.

S100 is so easy to apply and wipes right off. I believe you should wait for QW to haze before buffing.

Thomasfl
06-01-2003, 06:18 PM
yeah it sounds like quikwax is actually harder to use and takes longer than S100.

CwestinFD
06-01-2003, 09:32 PM
True but how many average consumers know about S100 and the ease of removal. For the average person I work with they love the quick waxes and often say they dont need a paste or liquid wax, just some mothers showtime and their done.

s2skimon
06-04-2003, 03:46 PM
s100 works better IMO

Thomasfl
06-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I agree the quikwax is a great product for your average home detailer, just don`t think it is a great solution for people like us who are obsessed with the perfect shine.

shaf
06-04-2003, 05:11 PM
Personally I think this whole debate is kind of like apples and oranges. As I understand it, Quik Wax is really only meant to "boost" existing wax and not lay down a proper coat of wax all by itself. :nixweiss

Gadfly
06-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Indeed! But, if you are going to all that effort, why not put a coat or "real" wax on the car?

imported_Greg
06-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Qwik Wax is faster IMO. I did my car in 5 minutes. It usually takes 15 minutes to S100.

unclearty
06-05-2003, 06:24 AM
I bought some of the NEW IMPROVED Quick Wax over the weekend. I see where this product belongs.....it doesn`t replace a good waxing...it`s like a step up from a quick detailing. It really does improve the shine and depth and like a few other Autopians have reported...it`s very fast...no residue. I like this product very much. I usually use QuickShine for a quick detail, but if every other time you used Quick Wax, it seems to add a little depth and clarity. It`s much better than the original product. Definitely worth a try.

mrzeee
10-03-2004, 07:51 PM
I mainly use in the winter (the old quikwax) since its just about impossible to really wax in New England in the winter...I`ve used the New Quikwax on my girls Murano when she 1st got it, since it was it good shape...I have to say I was pretty impressed with the results ( I guess my expectations were low since only using the "old" quikwax before)...nice shine, decent depth, and a bit of darkening which looked good on the silver...just used it on my Z today...normally the Z is a fair weather car (covered when not driving)...but just put it through a week of rain and no covering (dirty Z needs no covering!) ...washed and quickwaxed...washing took more time than waxing (1hr in total)...started late so I didn`t get a chance to really see the results...I will update tomorrow

SilverLexus
10-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Personally I think this whole debate is kind of like apples and oranges. As I understand it, Quik Wax is really only meant to "boost" existing wax and not lay down a proper coat of wax all by itself.

This is my understanding as well.

truvette
10-04-2004, 10:12 AM
I use Quik Wax as a "refresher" to the coat of wax on my wheels. It works great and I am absolutely in love with the spray bottle...lays down a perfect amount of product each time!