PDA

View Full Version : #39 then #40, or #40 alone

oldakowski
06-01-2003, 02:03 PM
I`m looking to get my vinyl clean and protected, and had was wondering if #40 alone will clean enough.

It claims to be a cleaner/conditioner, whereas #39 is a cleaner only. Does the #40 provide enough cleaning to get body oils off armrests and headrests? Or should i get something that claims cleaning only.

I haven`t seen #39 in any stores, and although i`m not opposed to ordering, is there anything that works in a similar fashion?

ferb!

JasonC8301
06-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Meguiar`s #40 has mild cleaners in it. Scottwax uses a solution of 6:1 Water to woolite that works well on cleaning clear coated leather and vinyl.

So my recommendation get some Woolite form the local grocery or supermarket for $5 or so (paid $5.47 for 32 ounces) then dress with #40.

Lynn Matthews
06-01-2003, 03:00 PM
The #40 alone should be just fine. I know a guy with a limo and he used #40 to clean his white vinyl top. I thought he might need to use #39 first because it was pretty dirty but it was bright white and looked great when he was done.

I also used it on my Grandpa`s armrest, I thought it might have been stained because I don`t think he had never cleaned it. It turned out great too.

You could always give it a try, if it doesn`t work go to a dedicated cleaner. ;)

Lynn Phillips

oldakowski
06-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Lynn Phillips

You could always give it a try, if it doesn`t work go to a dedicated cleaner. ;)

I currently use #40, but just didn`t know if it would actually clean surfaces. Good to know that it works on white vinyl-- that makes me feel better using it on stuff.

ferb!

imported_Smoker
06-01-2003, 03:56 PM
I`ve got both #39 and #40 ... and I`m convinced you NEED the cleaning power of #39 and then the protective qualities of #40.

Example :

2001 Lincoln Continental with a light grey interior.

We were giving the inside the first workout it had seen in a while and there were alot of marks on the sill step plates, I guess where the lady owner got in and out with heels on.

I tried Jngrbrds protectant as we had it to hand and it removed a fair bit, but by no means ALL the marking.

As an experiement I went and got my #39 and it wiped the lot off leaving it prety much spotless straight away.

Lesson learned for both of us there .... they AINT the same product!

LOL.

Just my 0.02.