PDA

View Full Version : Souveran or Paste Glaz for yellow?

RCK
06-01-2003, 09:45 AM
Tried the Souveran now I am going to give the Paste Glaz a try. Any predictions on which I`ll like better? I have read that the Paste Glaz really does work best on light colored cars.

Joe

JasonC8301
06-01-2003, 09:54 AM
Think you will find Paste Glaz a breeze to apply and remove, and maybe notice a brighter shine but a slight loss in depth. (Thanks for catching the typo!) :doh

Hardly noticable to the average person on the street, but Autopians can tell the difference.

I was tempted to get another tin of Paste Glaz (then glanced over to my current supply of products.)

Accumulator
06-01-2003, 10:42 AM
I dunno about the conventional wisdom regarding Souveran/PG. I HEAR that PG has some slight synthetic content (I have no idea whether or not this is true) which might give it a look that some folks prefer over Souveran.

People SAY that PG is better on light colored vehicles. But my experience was quite different. I used PG on a white `87 VW for ages. Prep usually consisted of PPCL (only). When I switched to Souveran, it was a VERY noticeable improvement. Other people also noticed and commented on it. So IN MY EXPERIENCE the Souveran simply looked better.

CRUZMISL- If you switch to/try the PG, I hope you`ll post back with your results.

raymond_ho2002
06-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

Think you will find Paste Glaz a breeze to apply and remove, and maybe notice a brighter shine but a slight loss in brightness.

ummmm.....:confused:

imported_Goose
06-01-2003, 04:59 PM
please post your results cause I was wanting to try Paste Glaz on my yellow Silverado

imported_giovae
06-03-2003, 08:19 AM
I`d love to see the difference as well since I have a Zinc Yellow Mustang

good luck