PDA

View Full Version : Platinum instant detailer?????!!!!!!!!!

Kleanride
05-31-2003, 09:10 PM
I don`t know what is going on, but I am getting a wierd film after touching up the Civic (indigo blue) with Platinum QD spray (forget what its called right now). Its not tooooo noticable, but an Autopian would surely be able to call it out. It looks like the combination of water spots and smears. I wish I could discribe it better, and I don`t think a digi cam is going to pick it up, so a pic won`t help either. I noticed it the most when I was pulling another car into the drive behind it and I had the headlights on.

I dunno!!! Anyone else have this problem with Platinum???

:nixweiss

Nick T.
05-31-2003, 09:53 PM
Sounds to me like maybe you’re not spritzing it sparingly enough. Try making it go a little farther will lighter spraying.

Jngrbrdman
06-01-2003, 01:47 AM
That is either a smear from using a dirty towel or from QDing a car that wasn`t clean enough and you just streaked dirt around. Platinum`s QD doesn`t have anything in it that would smear on your car. Its not a carnauba spray. Try using a cleaner towel or not using it to clean the car with and see if that helps. I`ve never had anything but a totally positive experience with that QD. Its my favorite one of all.

Kleanride
06-01-2003, 08:11 AM
er, yeah, my bad, actually I used Race Glaze GlossHighlighter...but same thing, no Carnauba or anything in it. I think you are right about the dirty MF....

going to try it again today with a nice n` clean one!

thanks guys