PDA

View Full Version : Clay

Murph1083
05-31-2003, 10:07 AM
is there a difference between going to Pepboys in picking up some $10 Clay vs paying $30-40 for Pinnacle and Blackfire Clay?

chris0626
05-31-2003, 11:00 AM
I have been very happy with Mother`s and ClayMagic. Have Autopia`s GBW, but haven`t yet had a chance to use it; haven`t tried the Pinnacle and Blackfire.

Have you tried searching? Or looking in the Reviews section for comparative evaluations?

kbshadow
05-31-2003, 12:05 PM
I have had very good results with Mothers Clay.

The first one I tried was mcguires clay, it gummed up and stained my paint, I called their customer service and they were rude did not help,I told myself I would never, ever use mcguires products again.

shaf
05-31-2003, 02:54 PM
If you were to search and read some of the prevailing opinions, you`d find that Clay Magic and Mothers both sell popular clay kits locally.

dbruene
05-31-2003, 04:14 PM
Apart from the prices, probably each manufacturer comes up with its own combination of clay & lube to stake its claim, whatever that may be. For instance, the Zaino clay kit receives much praises on another SUV site, but some gurus in Autopia may describe it as a bit too hard. The Meguiar`s kit I used seems much softer and has pretty good "pick up" power; however, it does smear easily. Although the Mothers` clay that I tried seems a bit more "rigid" than the Mequiar`s and requires more passes to clean the same surface, it doesn`t turn gooey and needs less effort to clean up afterwards. I had positive experiences with both and would get whichever one is on sale locally. The much raved ClayMagic bars are not quite available in Hawaii. Best bet perhaps is to try the less expensive ones first. Unless it doesn`t work for your lube+paint condition+technique combination; then, try the more pricey brands.

Aloha!

:wavey :dance

Fr0zen
05-31-2003, 04:39 PM
Where can i pickup mothers clay locally Pep Boys,Ace Hardware where at i wanna get some tommarow for my big detailing job

forrest@mothers
05-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Pep Boys stocks our clay, as do Advance Auto and Murray`s in Chicago.

Fr0zen
05-31-2003, 11:20 PM
Thanks its really good stuff for the price I hear any idea on how much it costs ? and how many cars i can get out of one box ? Thanks.

forrest@mothers
06-01-2003, 12:41 AM
An 80-100 gram bar will do 3-4 average sized cars.

Retail prices vary regionally and by account, but figure on $12-18 for our kit.