PDA

View Full Version : Would you dry your car with the 100% cotten towels from Viking?

Estoril ///M
05-31-2003, 12:52 AM
If you ONLY had the option of drying your car with a cotton towel(s), would you get the

100% cotton terry towels from viking? (http://www.vikingcarcare.com/products/dry/try-twls.cfm)? Or would you get another brand of cotton towels?

chris0626
05-31-2003, 01:20 AM
I would not accept that limitation. The big waffleweaves are the only thing I`ll ever use for drying, now that I`ve discovered them.

High-quality cotton towels from Viking, DF Towels, and others are great for many applications. But why are you wedded to cotton for drying?

Pats300zx
05-31-2003, 06:25 AM
To be honest, I wouldn`t even consider drying my car with a cotton towel these days with all of the other options available. With the new waffle weaves and MF towels available, you end up using less towels and the water pick up is increased.

I guess if I had a choice it would be Charisma towels. I did purchase 2 nice ones but haven`t used them thanks to my supply of Pakshak Waffle Weaves and MF`s.

jmsc
05-31-2003, 07:30 AM
On occassion I still use my white charisma bath towel for blot drying. It works very well but I also use the BBT and the Autopian waffle weave. Agree with Lynn. Try to divorce yourself from cotton and go strictly with all those great MF towels for drying and polish/wax/qd removal.

Magellan498
05-31-2003, 10:46 AM
MF All the way! :up

JasonC8301
05-31-2003, 11:13 AM
I use a California Water Blade. Then follow up with either my BBT (used only once so far) or my usual Charisma bath towel (have two for detailing back when I bought 11 (hmm come to think of it, 2 were bought by a relative, 2 I use, 5 were taken by my mom.) I will take 2 back from my mom soon to use ind etailing but WHY?

I do have these Viking towels, made in Pakistan, only for door jambs and engines for me, along with the occasional interior cleaning job for the carpet or vinyl.

4 neat items, 2 original Miracle Towels, 15 JT international Towels, 20 PakShak towels, 1 bajasol MF (dirty jobs), and a multitude of other MF`s I`ve come across.....

Jason

Estoril ///M
05-31-2003, 10:47 PM
I am currently using MF towels, but I just wanted to know how many people still used some Viking towels, or other 100% cotton towels. MF towels are the best, but its not like detailers couldn`t get by without them years ago.

Betsy02
08-10-2003, 08:23 PM
I like using MF towels. I find they are much better than any cotton towels. :D

Deanski
08-10-2003, 09:37 PM
No thank you!! I use both a CWB and a waffel weave MF towel for all drying.

Cotton towels are OK for removal of polish/wax, but serve no purpose in drying when there are far superior products and fabrics out there to dry with.

Mostly they stay in the house bathrooms!

Regards,

Deanski

imported_zenhog
08-10-2003, 09:49 PM
I agree with Deanski - there`s nothing better than a rough terri to remove polish and wax residue. Cuts through and picks up so much more than the fine weave of a MF...

JimS
08-11-2003, 07:20 AM
On my full sized extended cab Silverado with hard tonneau I use a cwb followed by a large blue wwmf and this gets the job done quickly and easily using one towel and leaving no spots. This is an unbeatable process.........I think.

imported_CBX Carl
08-11-2003, 07:34 AM
I would only consider MF.

Brad B
08-11-2003, 07:38 AM
Waffleweave is the only way to go. :xyxthumbs

Brad B
08-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by zenhog

.....there`s nothing better than a rough terri to remove polish and wax residue. Cuts through and picks up so much more than the fine weave of a MF...

Oh, Grasshopper, have we not learned? :D

Spilchy
08-11-2003, 08:07 AM
I`ve dried my car with the Koala cotton towel only. I would not trust the Viking especially after the wash mitt recall issue.

I think the Koala towels are the best out there.