PDA

View Full Version : IS it possible for Souveran to go bad?

RCK
05-29-2003, 09:52 PM
I have some Souveran from last year that I have been using. It goes on and off really easy but just doesn`t seem to have the durability it used to. Nothing in my detailing arsenal has changed aside from the fact that the Souveran sat out in the garage all winter (that`s probably bad) Can this affect the durability. It seems it only lasts one wash and then it`s gone. Should I just buy a new one or is it just me?

Thanks,

Joe

imported_Greg
05-29-2003, 10:35 PM
What makes you say that it only lasts one wash? What are the outside conditions? I wouldn`t think that it went bad, a lot of people store in their refrigerator, so I don`t think the cold affected it.

Jngrbrdman
05-29-2003, 10:42 PM
It is total poop. I`ll give you $3 bucks for it since its now garbage. :D

Just kidding. I don`t think it has anything to do with it. I`ve got a jar that is a year and a half old and it still works fine. I haven`t seen any loss in durability. Cold is actually how you preserve wax. It is wax, after all. Heat would be bad for it. It would melt.

RCK
05-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Well it seems the slippery feel is gone after only one wash. The car is garage kept and only driven on the weekends. It seems to me that I had that slippery feel a lot longer especially when I used the Crystal Mist after washing. The ONLY thing I have changed is the use of Mother`s Sealer and Glaze before the Souveran. Could that have done it?

Joe