PDA

View Full Version : Wax Look

Murph1083
05-29-2003, 06:58 PM
A lot of the time when I ask which wax to try, they ask we what look im trying to get....Can anyone tell me the different looks you can get with a wax so I can decide which loom i want and someone can tell me which products to use to get it.

Jngrbrdman
05-29-2003, 07:07 PM
It just depends on the color of the car and the shape of the car. Different waxes do different things optically. There is also the durability factor. Some waxes will last you for 3 weeks and others will push 2 months. Some have cleaners and others don`t. Some cost more than my first car and others cost less than a used CD.

If I were new here and wanted a suggestion on a wax to use then I would phrase it something like this:

I`ve got a white Acura Integra sedan with great paint. It has some nice curves around the headlights and I am really looking for something to make that area shine. Its outside most of the day but it does stay in the garage at night. I need a wax that can stand up to the hot summer we are about to have. I won`t be able to wax the car every week but I can do it once a month probably. Dust attraction isn`t an issue since white doesn`t show dust. I just need a durable wax that will show off the curves really well on a white car. I can order online if its not available locally. I don`t want to spend more than $25 dollars on the product either.

Based on that description I would probably suggest something like Blitz or P21S/S100. Blitz would probably last longer but S100 is available locally at Harley Davidson stores. They both cost about the same but Blitz comes in a can twice as large. It has a stronger tendency to collect dust than S100 and S100 rinses clean when it rains. I would lean towards the S100 even though you would definatly need to reapply it once every 4 or 5 weeks in those conditions. Heat and wax don`t go well. Having a white car may help a bit but you are still going to want to wax once a month to keep that shine up. It will accent the curves very well too. Its an awesome wax.

shaf
05-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Great advice Jngr. :xyxthumbs

You`ll find lots of adjectives for describing the "look" of waxes/sealants. Things like "wet", "glossy", "deep", "reflective", "bright", "candy coated", etc etc etc. Sometimes such qualities are subjective so one persons "wet" could be another persons "candy coated", depending on how you define it. I picked Klasse as my weapon of choice because of factors like:

a)durability

b)features of the Klasse system (AIO)

c)appearance particulars (darkening)

d)layerability

e)protection

.....and probably a few others I`m forgetting. You might also want to consider other things like:

f)ease of use

g)price

h)possible limitations

i)they type of detailing routine you`d have as a result of picking this wax/sealant.

One of the first questions I think you should ask yourself is: Do I want to go synthetic, carnauba, or both together?

Sorry, I know it sounds like I`m basically saying "figure it out for yourself" but I honestly think that that is the best way to find the right product for YOU to try. :)

imported_Smoker
05-29-2003, 09:39 PM
To cut thru all the BS, bang for buck I would say S100 by a mile.

Its foolproof to use, cheap and looks fantastic.

It doesnt seem to mind being applied over any sort of surface prep ( unlike Zaino) so theres no worry of streaking, plus with its natty little sponge applicator and the fact its a paste its virtually impossible to apply too much.

So get down to ya Harley Dealers and get some.

kbshadow
05-29-2003, 10:24 PM
I have very good luck on my white and silver cars with Mothers Reflections, its one of the few I have tried that will give white a "wet look`

Also I think whatever wax you use you should use Mothers claybar first, for me it seems to almost double the end result of the wax.

Hope this helps

Bob

Stockton Ca