PDA

View Full Version : Wash if possible showers coming

jonw440
05-29-2003, 10:24 AM
My weather forecast says showers off and on all day. (looking out window)... the sun is shining and hasn`t rained yet. My truck needs washing. How many wash there vehicles even though there is a chance of rain?

DaGonz
05-29-2003, 10:30 AM
It all depends on how "dirty" my vehicles are, how long it is supposed to rain for and my mood!

ntoddalbert
05-29-2003, 10:52 AM
I wash for now, never look at the forcast, I think that is my sickness

2wheelsx2
05-29-2003, 11:30 AM
There`s always a chance for rain up here on the coast, so I wash away, not worrying about it.

meGrimlock
05-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

I wash for now, never look at the forcast, I think that is my sickness

The weather forcasts I pay attention to are notoriously wrong, so I take what they say with a grain of salt. If the car is dirty, I will wash it, I don`t care if there are black clouds above me.

Spilchy
05-29-2003, 12:08 PM
I`ve washed IN the rain numerous times!! :D :lol

RegalGS
05-29-2003, 12:10 PM
I`d never wash before a rain here. Reason being is that "rain" here is typically lots of wind kicking up lots of dust, and then a sprinkle or two. Enough to leave brown polka dots all over my car.

Poorboy
05-29-2003, 12:29 PM
will the rain ever stop in the Northeast:nixweiss

Iconoclast
05-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy

will the rain ever stop in the Northeast:nixweiss

I know it`s killing me. I usually look at the next day forecast; if there is rain predicted I don`t wash, otherwise I do. Forecasters can only somewhat predict one day ahead, beyond that they are completely guessing

Dios
05-29-2003, 01:11 PM
well if u wash the car and it rains its just new dirt... if u dont wash the car and it rains its old and new dirt... i perfer as little dirt as possible... so i was it every other day usually.... god damn black car

shaf
05-29-2003, 02:14 PM
I TRY to do it when it`s going to be nice, but I`m starting to care less and less because the stupid weather forecasting keeps jumping around!

Today: "Sunny and clear skies for the rest of the week and it`s going to be SCORCHER!"

Tommorrow: "Heavy rainfall and thunderstorms with a chance of hail all through the week, and bundle up because it`s going to be FREEZING!"

Well, maybe not :rolleyes: but it sure feels that way sometimes.

:grrr

Scottwax
05-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by IndigoGTI

The weather forcasts I pay attention to are notoriously wrong, so I take what they say with a grain of salt. If the car is dirty, I will wash it, I don`t care if there are black clouds above me.

Ah yes, the notoriously inaccurate Dallas/Fort Worth metromess weather forecasters. :mad:

I pretty much ignore them and go by the clouds in the sky.

Patrick
05-29-2003, 05:25 PM
I dont find a lot of sense in washing if rain is immanent. Otherwise your putting all those road oils on top of a clean surface.....If theres a chance of rain, I will usually wait until that chance passes, look at my own weather station and go from there...I guess its about as accurate as the million $ ones anyway ! Sometime you just go with your hunches !