PDA

View Full Version : Getting glue off paint from pin stripes...

andrewdees
05-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Hello, I am a newbie here, anyways I have a few questions....

I have a Black 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T, it had gold pinstripes on it when i bought it, a few weeks later i removed them but they left a gluey residue behind, I was wondering whata good store bought product would be good for removing them.

I also bought a bunch of detailing stuff last night offline, I got some Menzerna Intensive and Final polish, I have a bunch of swirl marks and would like to get rid of the, but my question is should I use a buffer or hand to get the best results from these 2 products?

And finally, I will be using Klasse AIO then finishing up with a few coats of P21S, should these be applied by hand then taken off with a ROB or be taken off by hand.

Thanx in advance!

-Drew

Dios
05-29-2003, 01:53 PM
some bug tar remover will get that off..... to get it off wash.... bug tar remover... wash.. clay.. polish/glaze... wax

rleven
05-30-2003, 03:15 AM
Walmart in their automotive section has 3M Adhesive, Wax and Tar remover. This stuff works great but use very little on a old mf cloth. I found it in the autobody repair section. It is super stuff..... And under 5 dollars. I think it`s just Naptha but who knows.

jimmybuffit
05-30-2003, 07:32 AM
Before you run out to buy yet another product, try your AIO on the adhesive - a couple of times.

You might be surprised!

Jim