PDA

View Full Version : Funny Post From Other Site

LOTA OT
05-28-2003, 08:13 AM
This is quote from a VW Passat site that I frequent...too funny!! Some people must not think..........

-----------------------

Use paste wax if you really love your car...

Up to now I`ve been using some random brand of liquid wax. My dad said he got it on sale a while ago. It worked quite well - easy to apply, very shiny after buffing with the chamois.

Today, after washing the car and rubbing off tree sap using peanut butter (neat trick btw, if you don`t have a clay bar), I couldn`t find the liquid wax I normally use. I found what looks like a 20 year old can of Johnson paste wax on the shelf. I recall my dad saying it is a pain to use, but I figured he was probably exaggerating.

So you might be able to guess what happened. My mom said she thought they used that wax on our old floorboards. It is general purpose wax. AND IT`S REALLY REALLY HARD! I literally spend ten minutes on a single square foot patch to buff it down to a semi-shine. There are tons of wax swirlies from my application. I even took out our motorized power polisher, but it doesn`t put much of a dent in the wax. I think it needs some good ol` fashioned elbow grease... lots of it.

I`m going to spend the rest of tonight and tomorrow morning trying to buff this stuff down. It would be too embarrassing having to drive with a smeared up Passat!

So the lesson is - if you really love your Passat, use paste wax because it`s guaranteed to protect your car to the end of eternity! Or maybe it`s just my 20 year old can of general purpose Johnson wax. And, if you can buff this wax down, it shows how much you`re willing to work for your car...

imported_kgb
05-28-2003, 08:29 AM
Johnson wax? Isn`t that floor wax? ;) This guy need some Autopian help bad! 20 years old too :O

Jake11375
05-28-2003, 08:45 AM
I could barely finish reading that. It just made me cringe the things he was doing to his car. :sosad

LOTA OT
05-28-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Jake11375

I could barely finish reading that. It just made me cringe the things he was doing to his car. :sosad

I had the same thoughts. I guess I don`t love my Passat as much as he does.

Michael

rd_volvo
05-28-2003, 09:06 AM
It`s got to be a spoof.

imported_Larry A
05-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Johnson Paste Wax was for furniture you can polish it off with corn starch sprinkle on clean car (no dirt) buff off with towel (a old simonize trick) or give the car a kerosein bath do not use deasel fuel kerosene only then wash with dawn and use a AUTO product on it

Magellan498
05-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Kids these days... :lol

Myles
05-28-2003, 10:01 PM
:up LOSER :up

sorry just have to speak my mind

huggybear
05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
That makes my eyes hurt.

imported_NHBFAN
05-28-2003, 11:33 PM