PDA

View Full Version : NewB Question regarding Quick Detailer

belly
05-28-2003, 01:15 AM
I have heard over and over about S100. So I finally went to Harley Davison near my house. Unfortuantely they did not carry S100 paste wax. I could only find liquid ones. Have any one used this liquid wax?

While I was reading a lot of articles in this site, I noticed that AIO-SG combination is good for new bee. So I ordered AIO-SG through internet last week. And I also got Jimwh Klasse Instruction(updated). According to this article, I need Final Inspection to remove SG. I went to two walmarts, kragens ,Autozones, and pet boys and two more local bodyshop, but I coud not find it. So I end up to Harley Gloss(Quick Detailer) (Harley-Davidson).

I used Search through whole forum, but it seems nobody bother to use this product. My question is that is Harley Gloss(Quick Detailer) is good enough for using between SG layers?

Or could you recommand any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day. ^_^

Jngrbrdman
05-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Any QD will work. There is actually another method of removing the SG that works very well. You get a damp towel first and buff off what you can with that. Then you follow that up with a dry towel. That works like a charm.

Meguiar`s Quick Detailer is another good QD alternative if you still want to go that route. Basicly you want to use a QD that doesn`t have any wax in it. Final Inspection and Quick Detailer are two good choices. Just make sure that this Harley QD doesn`t have any wax in it and it would probably be a good choice too.

What liquid wax are you talking about? Are you talking about the one that says Shine Enhancing Cleaner? That isn`t a wax. Its more of a polish or a paint cleaner. S100 is a carnauba wax and not a cleaner. The one that is liquid is most likely that cleaner product. Its good at getting off waterspots and mild surface oxidation and contamination. Its also a good final polish to use after using more abrasive polishes. It won`t do much in the way of swirl removal but it can remove haze from other products.

Jngrbrdman
05-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Oh, wait. Are you talking about this product from S100 (http://www.hawg-wash.com/s1shinenclea.html) or this one? (http://www.hawg-wash.com/s100detailwax.html) The first one is that polish I was talking about. The other one is no substitute for the paste wax, I can tell you that much.

shaf
05-28-2003, 02:16 AM
Like Jngr said, almost any QD will work as long as it doesn`t have carnauba. Mothers, Eagle One, and Meguiar`s burgundy bottled QD, they`re all fine. You`ve got to be able to find one of these! ;)

To be perfectly honest I think there are lots of other sealants that are more "newbie friendly". Klasse gives good results, and I personally still like it, but you have to be really methodical and thorough (and know a few tricks) to use it without possible issue. I suggest investing a little time in searching for various people`s Klasse techniques, as there is more than one "right" way to do it. There should be a few threads about this floating around. As good as Jim`s article is, it`s not really a set-in-stone bible, and I personally prefer doing a few things differently. Hopefully this might help you find a way to do it that you like better.

BTW, welcome to Autopia. :welcome

belly
05-28-2003, 03:32 AM
Thanks for all your input guys. ^_^

Jngrbrdman: I was talking about second one, s100 detail wax. Actually I almost bought the second one. *_*;

4DSC: Thanks for Ur advice.

I think I`m TOTALLY getting addicted.

Honor to learn from the masters. ^_^