PDA

View Full Version : What Poorboy`s products would I need?

imported_NHBFAN
05-27-2003, 11:05 PM
I`m considering purchasing some Poorboys` products. For a new finish (2003 model), what products will I need?

I`m thinking just their polish and EX.

Mr. Clean
05-28-2003, 12:26 AM
Of the two products you listed, I can personally vouch for the Pro Polish. I have the EX, but have not experimented with it yet. Others on this forum have raved about the EX. How about QD+ to maintain that EX finish?

I have found Steve`s Spray & Wipe to be indispensable in my kit. Natural Look for your vinyl & rubber. Bold-N-Bright for your tires. I have not been disappointed with any Poorboys product I have purchased, and Steve is GREAT to work with.

PakShak
05-28-2003, 02:04 AM
I will be picking up my Poorboy`s order from a fellow Autopian tomorrow in Honolulu. I can`t wait to try out all of the Poorboy`s products I ordered (EX, Pro Polish, S&W, QD+, SSR1, and SSR3). All in gallon sizes. :bounce I believe...hehehe

Steve is the real deal. He has excellent customer service and ships fast. I look forward to doing more business with him. :xyxthumbs

With Aloha,

~Ranney

NattyBumppo
05-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

I`m considering purchasing some Poorboys` products. For a new finish (2003 model), what products will I need?

I`m thinking just their polish and EX.

For a brand new vehicel I would recommend the following;

Spray and Wipe for a good 15 minute cleaning twice a week.

Pro Polish to give it an initial paint cleaning and remove any minor defects. Also use it twice a year to keep things under control.

EX - 2 -3 applications a year to keep the finish looking spiffy.

QD+ - every other week (or more if you want) to bring back the full EX gloss and surface slickness.

I have been very impressed with the QD+ and its ability to protect on its own (just based on how well it beads and for how long). Also the deep gloss it leaves behind is exceptional....especially for a QD type product.

abain
05-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Ranney,

Yep you got all gallon sizes and the 2 boxes are very heavy.

NHBFAN,

I agree with NattyBumppo and would recommend the Spray and Wipe plus the QD+. Both will help you maintain the shine.

Aloha,

Austin

JimS
05-28-2003, 04:45 PM
I`ve used the Spray and Wipe for several months now and I love the stuff. I also now have the Pro Polish and 4 coats of the EX on my truck. I can`t imagine being happier with the products and the service. Ranney said it...."Steve is the real deal"......and he should know because he qualifies for that title as well. Both PakShak and Poorboy offer great products and great service from guys with integrity.

I`ve learned from Autopians that new finishes may or may not require some work so you might want to inspect your finish looking for swirls etc and determine whether you will need one of his swirl removal products and/or some work with a clay bar to remove shipping contaminants. Give Steve a call. He has years of experience working with auto finish problems and will guide you properly.

imported_NHBFAN
05-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by JimS

Give Steve a call. He has years of experience working with auto finish problems and will guide you properly.

How do I give Steve a call?

abain
05-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Visit http://www.poorboysworld.com/ for contact information.

imported_NHBFAN
05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Could you use GEPC/SEPC in lieu of the polish before using EX?