PDA

View Full Version : Washing your MF

Murph1083
05-27-2003, 04:49 PM
I know i saw this in an eariler post but the search did not show it so im going to ask it again. What is the best way to wash your microfibers

Rowani
05-27-2003, 04:59 PM
I wash them seperately (never mix than with other cloths or they will pick up lint) in warm water/gentle cycle. I dry them (no dryer sheet!) on low heat. They come out sticking together with static but clean as a whistle.

Rick

fuggedit
05-27-2003, 05:02 PM
I also wash them separately (I wait until I have about 20 or so dirty) with tide and a sprinke of OxyClean. I let mine air dry.

bunker
05-27-2003, 05:17 PM
I always wash my MFs alone. Do not wash them with terry towels because they will pick up all the lint and clog the fibers. I use a small amount of detergent and a small amount of Oxyclean. Halfway through the wash cycle I shut off the washing machine and let them soak for about a half hour. Use an extra rinse cycle. I hang mine on the clothes line to dry.

Blackmirror
05-27-2003, 08:37 PM
I use Tide free and some Oxi clean when I wash mine. Is it ok to use a hot and cold wash on the machine when washing mf towels?

Patrick
05-28-2003, 12:38 AM
Tide + hot water....no problems except for the dyed ones...lol

Estoril ///M
05-28-2003, 01:04 AM
I wash the separately from other towels with a lot of Era laundry detergent in hot water. After that I just run it through the wash again without any detergent and air dry them outside.

meGrimlock
05-28-2003, 09:02 AM
I wash mine warm with Tide, and dry them on medium. I used to air dry my MFs, but they seem "grabbier" when they are dried in the dryer, but YMMV.

99323ic
05-30-2003, 11:30 AM
yup...Tide/OxyClean, Hot wash - Cold rinse with extra rinse. Then off to the dryer on the NO HEAT setting for a while...some static cling, but wonderful and fluffy!

70fastback
05-30-2003, 11:48 AM
I take them down to the river and beat them on the rocks. For tough stains, I scrub them with a porcupine`s @$$. Then I hang them from the nearest pine tree to dry.:rolleyes: ...

...I use the tide/oxy method. I only washed them once with white cotton towels (hope I don`t make that mistake again!!). Hang dry or dryer on low.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I soaked overnight in bucket of water/DAWN once. This worked well also. Followed up with machine rinse/spin.

tsnack
05-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ghlavaty

Almost forgot. I soaked overnight in bucket of water/DAWN once. This worked well also. Followed up with machine rinse/spin.

That sounds like a good idea.

I had issues with my MF towels when wiping off wax.

I washed them in the machine and the wax residue clogged my hose eventually - granted there was something else helping the clog but I noticed quite the buildup of wax.

This sounds like it was dissolve the wax from the MF`s and then washing it would be safe. Right now, I have a friend take it to work and wash it at the hotel he works at.....

Has anyone else ever experience this issue?

Thanks.

topnotchtouch
05-30-2003, 12:31 PM
MF should only be washed with MF. I have had a few MF washed in a regular load by the wife. They are a magnet for every piece of lint in the washer. Also, make sure the detergent you use does not have any fabric softener in it. Try and find a detergent that doesn`t have any other uneccesarry additives, like fancy scents and such. Most people recommend just plain old original scent Tide which is what I use. I throw my MF in the dryer set on low but, I do not let them dry completely. I hang then to dry the rest of the way. It seems to cut down on the static.

Hope that helps :)

cpaddock
05-30-2003, 09:25 PM
I wash them with liquid Dreft and a pinch of Oxy Clean. The Dreft is made for baby clothes so there are no harsh detergents.

Then I run them again with just a cup of vinegar.

NegatiZE
05-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Wow, I didn`t realize everyone and their brother uses OxyClean. I may have to pick up some of it!

imported_Smoker
05-31-2003, 12:05 AM
Just a thought ..

(Actually gave me a flashback to the guy said he wouldnt buy Wallyworld MF`s "because someone else might have touched them")

If a limpet-like MF has some terry lint fibres on it, ya REALLY think its going to give them up to a nasty, jagged car window ..... or perhaps the huge mountains on the vehicle paint after its clayed and polished might tear them away from that deathgrip the MF has on em?

;)

Just jokin kids, mine go in the washer with plenty of liquid detergent, hot water and an extra rinse.

The tumble dryer on low fixes em nice, but for some reason makes the edges curl.

Bizarre.