PDA

View Full Version : What pad for one step cleaner wax??

Spilchy
05-27-2003, 11:22 AM
If you guys are applying a one step like #6, Mothers Cleaner Wax or 3M cleaner wax, what pad would you use?

What pad would you use depending on the condition of the paint without any surface prep? Just a one shot step similar to what some professionals advertise as an Express Detail.

Yellow CMA?

Thanks.

Accumulator
05-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Spilchy- I`d use something sorta in-between CMA`s yellow and white. With the Cyclo I`d use their green pads, with a PC I`d use Griot`s orange. SOMETIMES you can get micro-marring with CMA`s yellow, so I`m wary of using it for my final work. If you DON`T get the marring, then yeah, use it.

Spilchy
05-27-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Spilchy- I`d use something sorta in-between CMA`s yellow and white. With the Cyclo I`d use their green pads, with a PC I`d use Griot`s orange. SOMETIMES you can get micro-marring with CMA`s yellow, so I`m wary of using it for my final work. If you DON`T get the marring, then yeah, use it.

Thanks! What about CMA Orange??!!

BradE
05-27-2003, 12:31 PM
The white pad polishing pad would be the best bet for a cleaner wax. A cutting pad with a cleaner wax will probably leave some hazing. :down

Accumulator
05-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Spilchy- I haven`t tried CMA`s orange (and Griot`s is different). A problem you MIGHT have with the CMA white is the pad getting loaded up, depending on which cleaner-wax you use and how bad the vehicle is. Not a BIG deal..clean it, have more pads, etc.