PDA

View Full Version : Greatest wax ever found!

Scott P
05-27-2003, 10:22 AM
I had a wedding to attend in Ohio over the weekend and lucky for me, the Hot Rod Super Nationals was in town. Since we had time to kill, the papa in-law and I headed down to the fairgrounds to check out the cars. My freshly washed car got to park in the mud, so I was obviously thrilled already. They had a lot of nice cars there and being the good little Autopian, I found myself checking out their cleaning supplies as much as their cars. :D

They had a manufacturer`s market place set-up, so you know I had to check out the waxes. I only found two vendors in my time three though. One sold Lusso and I had an intelligent conversation with the guy. His kit contained a polish, car wash and wax along with an MF towel and foam app for $50. The wax contains 4 types of wax, with the majority being carnauba. I didn`t buy any since I was down to a couple of bucks.

The second guy really impressed me. He sold a product called Black Wax (at least I`m 98% sure about that). He had the obligatory hood set-up to demonstrate his wax. He painted small enamel strips on the hood to demonstrate the products cleaning ability. He also used a small roller to apply grease to the hood and used his tissue and some product to wipe the grease off. He said his product contains a large amount of Naptha to clean everything along with carnauba wax for shine. When I asked him how he got a carnauba to last six to eight months, he said the product has synthetic materials as well.

The father in-law was sold enough to get his special of two bottle of cleaner wax, a bottle of polish, a polishing cloth and a foam applicator. He gave me one of the bottles of cleaner wax to try. The first line of instructions states that the product separates quickly and needs to be shaken often.

Did I mention he even did the token key polish as well?

If I find a car to try it out on, I`ll do a review for you guys. :D Well, maybe I`ll give it a shot on my mailbox.

medic159
05-27-2003, 12:12 PM
Sounds like the same demo you get from Ibiz. Did he set fire to the hoodn spray paint it, or polish someone`s wedding ring?