PDA

View Full Version : What combo do you use with poorboy`s EX?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_NHBFAN
05-26-2003, 11:12 PM
What combo do you use Poorboy`s EX? What other products and what sequence?

JimS
05-27-2003, 06:06 PM
I use Poorboys and then Poorboys and then some more Poorboys :)

Poorboys has swirl removers in 3 grades, polish,EX, Spray and Wipe and QD+...no need for anything else I`m thinking.

GoodnClean
05-28-2003, 01:17 AM
I used DACP for the swirls, then P21s GEPC, then the EX and had great results. I really wanted the P21S, so I didnt go for the Poorboy`s Pro Polish, but in hindsight seeing how great Steve`s products really are, I have the EX, plus is trim restorer and the Dold n Bright tire and plastic dressing, I probably should have tried the Pro Polish.

JayC
05-28-2003, 09:10 AM
I use the Pro Prolish with Carnuba and then EX. Ive been very pleased with the results visually, the jury is still out on durability although I`m expecting it to be on par with Zaino according to what others here have said and talking to Steve himself.

imported_NHBFAN
05-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Seems strange to use a polish with carnuba BEFORE applying a sealant like EX. Thought the carnuba would inhibit the bonding process. EX must be different than most products.

AMP01
05-28-2003, 11:33 PM
For my last `full` detail here is what I used on my jet black BMW:

1. Polish with Menzerna intensive polish using a PC and CMA`s wool cutting pad.

2. Polish with Vanilla Moose using a PC and CMA`s white polishing pad.

3. Apply EX by hand with a MF applicator moistened with filtered water. I let the EX dry for 45 min to an hour and then removed. I applied 3 layers of EX 24 hrs. apart.

4. Apply Souveran wax by hand. I applied 2 layers aprox 12-24 hrs. apart.

Here are a few pics using this combo-

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805amp_740il_front_angle_for_web_4-12-03-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805amp_740il_side_hood_reflect_for_web_4-12-03-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805souveran_on_ex_1_4-4-03-med.jpg

So far this is my favorite combo!

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

imported_memnuts
05-29-2003, 02:08 PM
3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze ( w/ PC)

P21S GEPC ( w/ PC)

Mother`s Sealer and Glaze (w/ PC)

EX x 3 ( by hand - small-cell sponge )

Poorboy`s QD+ ( by hand - small-cell sponge )

Souveran x 2 ( by hand with P21S applicator)

EX x 2 ( by hand again)

QD with S&W and follow with Clearkote Quick Shine. :wavey

Whole procedure was done over a weeks time in garage and car not used. :cool:

m3pilot
05-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze ( w/ PC)

P21S GEPC ( w/ PC)

Mother`s Sealer and Glaze (w/ PC)

EX x 3 ( by hand - small-cell sponge )

Poorboy`s QD+ ( by hand - small-cell sponge )

Souveran x 2 ( by hand with P21S applicator)

EX x 2 ( by hand again)

QD with S&W and follow with Clearkote Quick Shine. :wavey

Whole procedure was done over a weeks time in garage and car not used. :cool:

What was your reasoning for putting the ex over the souveran?

Also, have you noticed if ex is a susceptible to "micro-marring" as zaino was. This was my main reason for switching from zaino and since ex is also a sealant I was wondering if it will do the same thing. I am layering the ex now and plan on toping it with souveran or s100.

GoodnClean
05-29-2003, 08:06 PM
I`ve found that the EX is much more forgiving than Zaino...

imported_memnuts
05-31-2003, 04:31 PM
EX is sooooo forgiving when using proper technique, tools, and situations for QD`ing and washing. I believe because of it`s carnauba component that a "make-up" feature is present also ( hiding those unavoidable self-induced marring).

The reasoning behind applying EX over Souveran. I was trying an experiment to see if EX will "lock-in" the Souveran wetness,richness and depth. :o

rleven
05-31-2003, 04:43 PM
I applied Poorboy`s QD+ on my hood after EX. If I wash it with Meg`s Gold class can I then put down another layer of EX?

Bob

Poorboy
05-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Yes ..there`s no problem after washing for putting down another layer....so Blkz28 conv. :nixweiss what did it look like over it?

Does that car ever get to get some fresh air:lol:

JimS you are too funny:D JayC.welcome aboard to Autopia:xyxthumbs

At this level of detailing it`s so subjective and i hope everyone uses what ever it takes to get the look that equals your effort in finding the perfect shine and combination of products:wavey

m3pilot
05-31-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy

so Blkz28 conv. :nixweiss what did it look like over it?

Very interested in how it turned out as well?

imported_memnuts
06-01-2003, 05:45 AM
I believe the experiment worked well. :bounce. The change was subtle but there were no ill effects. The topping of Souveran with EX did not diminish the appearance traits of Souveran and I did notice a decrease in dust attraction when I did use the car in comparison to Souveran alone. Direct effect of combo or ending of pollen season? :nixweiss.

imported_NHBFAN
06-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Does EX have a cure time? Or, can you apply multiple coats in the same day?