PDA

View Full Version : Detailing all weekend!

Blue-Sun
05-25-2003, 12:47 AM
So I began my detailing weekend today. . .

GF`s 2000 Honda Civic Ex, which just rolled 100K last week (she used to have a 75 mi 1 way commute to work) with many pits and stains in the paint.

To my knowledge this car has only been detailed 3 or 4 times, the last being last year when I did most of the work!

So here`s what the outside got:

Wash with Dawn

Zaino Clay Bar with Meguires QD as lubricant

Wash again

Z1

Z2 with ZFX (I know, I don`t need the Z1 with ZFX but I bought Z1 and Z2 orignally and recently got the ZFX)

Z16 on wheels and black exterior trim

washed windows with Rain-X Glass Cleaner and put 2 coats of Rain-X to the front and rear windows, and the side view mirrors.

I also took the wheels off mu car (Mille Miglia Evo 5`s-polished :cool: :D )

I degreased with Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner and proceded to use the remaining Z1 and Z2/ZFX on them. (inside and out)

Additionally, I recently got a can/tube of S100 paste wax (no thanks to you guys!) and added a layer of that to the wheels too!

I had never used S100 before and I`m really pleased with the ease of use and the shine that it gives them (indoors till tomorrow)

My car already has 2 coats of Z2 and a coat of Z2/ZFX on it.

Tomorrow, I hope to mist her off with Meguires QD, put the Mille Miglia`s back on, upgrade the rear pads (mine sqweek bad now!), apply Meguires Sratch X to a few noticable and new scratched (using dawn first, then Meguires X, followed by ZFX, and then finally S100! It`s gonna be a busy day tomorrow, but I will take pics of the cars together when it`s all done. . .and if I get the chance, I wanna finish on the interior of her Civic before going to my aunt`s for a BBQ @ 4!

BTW, the civic looked AMAZING next to my mostly clean WRX in the parking lot. It shines sooo bringht, that I wish I had bought a silver WRX, but then again, it WAS used and didn`t have much of a choice (I got her with 9K on the odo 15 months ago, now has 33K :eek: !

Sorry about the rant, but I will finish the cars and post pics. . .the only things I WON`T tackle this week are her engine :eek: :eek: and S100 on her car. . .she doesn`t car that much about her car, and barely even noticed that I spent a good 3 hrs on her car today (i know, i know. . .that will be resolved in some time-lease is up at the end of July. . .so we`ll see. . .blah blah blah blah. . .I shouldn`t be typing away @ 1 am after a long day, but sleep escapes me today. . .

Accumulator
05-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Yikes, sounds like you put in a lot of work! I hope your GF appreciates it a bit more than you think. Oh, and yeah, silver WRX`s are sooo easy to maintain :D

Blue-Sun
06-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Here are the pics as promised. They are a week late, but better late than never. I took these this morning, after washing both cars. it`s been a week since Zaino was applied on her car, and about 2 since my car had anything applied to it.

http://www.freebmw.net/WRXemALL/cars/Civic%20and%20WRX/Civic%20and%20WRX.html

the last pic is of her car reflexing off of my car! nice pic. . .my blue car looks chrome in that pic! :eek: