PDA

View Full Version : Prancing Horse (Pics)

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
05-23-2003, 11:07 PM
The Ferrari in these pictures is about 6 months old and up until last week I never had the time to give it the attention she deserved. So I set aside two days, well actually one full day was spent on the paint and then a second day on the interior, touch up the exterior and then start on a Maserati. Pictures for the Maserati will follow soon.

Also a note to the moderators, are these pics OK here or should they be posted elsewhere? Please let me know, thanks.

This 360 had some swirls, from the dealer prep and also some light scratches (not nearly as bad as the pictures I posted of the Black 360 Modena in the "Car Show" thread) but bad enough to warrant a rotary and an orange Das Polster pad.

Menzerna Intensive Polish was used with the pad at 1500 RPM`s. The "Polster" pad is much like the orange pad from CMA but the Polster pad seems to be more concave in the center. They are great pads as you can really work the product and paint without a great amount of heat build up. The downside is that they are not very forgiving when dealing with corners and such.

The IP works very well. Easy on and easy off and very low splatter. The daw back is that for me, as a professional, coming in only 16oz bottles is just not cost effective. I talked with CMA though and they will soon offer it in gallon sizes...way cool:xyxthumbs

After the cutting session I then used the white Polster pad, which is a polishing pad and man I love this little pad. I kicked my rotary up to 1800, I always run my polishing stage at higher RPM`s than my cutting stage because it allows me to really use alot of heat and friction and I have found that most SMR, like Light Cut, work best with a good amount of heat. I used the IP for the polishing session also and then switched to the black Polster finishing pad and the Menzerna Final Polish.

The FP works very nice but seems to go on and come off better when either worked by hand or a DA.

The last step before the wax was a hand rub out with AIO. I was going to top it with UPP but time was a factor here as my client had to leave. So I topped it with Trade Secret carnuba paste. The Trade Secret really makes the dark colors come alive. Very wet, rich and deep.

I will be detailing a few cars tomorrow and I am going to use, for the first a few of the Moose products. I will try and post pics of them also.

Enjoy the pics,

Anthony

Anthony O.
05-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Pic 2

Anthony O.
05-23-2003, 11:12 PM
pic 3

imported_garyo
05-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Great car. Oh, and nice detailing. I love the shields on the front quarters. Did you get the paddle shifters or the the straight manual? What are your overall impressions of the car?

Anthony O.
05-23-2003, 11:14 PM
Last one.........sorry

vmunoz
05-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Oh man...that red looks incredible. Great job you did :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

I also like the Trade Secret wax. I now own both S100 and Trade Secret and to me, the TS tends to give a noticable more depth to darker colors especially on black.

Again great job.

Have a great and safe holiday weekend everyone. :wavey

V...

Anthony O.
05-23-2003, 11:56 PM
bet993,

This 360 has the F1 options. As for overall impressions?? Well even though I am not the cars owner, I do get to drive the car, as well as a few others, and there are really no words to describe the feeling one gets as they slip into the cockpit.

Someone asked me once how much that car costs and when I told them they said "How can anyone pay that much money for a CAR?!?" I said, "Drive it and you`ll know why"

Anthony

HilfigerCelica
05-23-2003, 11:58 PM
That`s just plain gorgeous bro.

Scottwax
05-24-2003, 12:11 AM
:cool: car. I only got to do a couple of LS400s and a 745Li today. :(

Anthony O.
05-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Scott,

Here is a pic of last week Thursday......:xyxthumbs

Tim Lingor
05-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Awesome as always Anthony!!! :bow

OUCH
05-24-2003, 01:54 AM
Wow wish I can detail those kinda cars, If a Modena owner wants me to detail his/her car Ill prolly get too excited and say something stupid like "I`ll do it for free"

imported_jgv
05-24-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

Scott,

Here is a pic of last week Thursday......:xyxthumbs

Hey! I see a Volvo V70 in the end of that row, did you detailed it also? What color?

fisher
05-24-2003, 07:29 AM
all I can say is that you did a great job on the car(s).The 360 in my eyes are beautiful cars.

Anthony O.
05-24-2003, 08:14 AM
jgv,

nope, just did the BMW 740 to the Porsche. I also did another Porsche of the same color but it was not in the picture.

Adios,

Anthony