PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Cleaner Wax?

Ryan328is
05-23-2003, 07:23 AM
Hi,

I`m just back from halfords stocking up for a weekend in the garage waxing my car.

I came across Zymol Cleaner Wax http://www.zymol.com/_borders/1step1.gif

Has anyone used it before and will I be ok using it before OG Blitz wax and S100?

Cheer`s,

Ryan

Ryan328is
05-23-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BlackRegal

I used it a few times about 6 years ago. I don`t know if the formulation has changed any, but when I used it was a pain in the butt to work with, and wasn`t terribly durable.

Quick question... if you`ll be topping it with Blitz or S100 anyway, why not just go with a dedicated paint cleaner? A paint cleaner/polish will be bring out a better shine, and I don`t think your gaining any durability with the Zymol Cleaner wax.

My plan for the weekend after washing/drying was:

ScratchX (required areas)

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

One Grand Omega Glaze

One Grand Blitz Wax

S100 Paste Wax

I was contemplating using the zymol instead of the Autoglym.

Ryan

pies
05-23-2003, 08:34 AM
The cleaner wax is what it says it cleans the car and waxes.It can not be layered with anything even itself

sorry

Ryan328is
05-23-2003, 08:40 AM
Thank`s for the reply`s, I thought zymol @ £11.99 was too good to be true.

Ryan

jcattarulla
05-23-2003, 09:41 AM
That particular Zymol is made by Armor All under a lisencing agreement. It`s available everywhere Armor All is, even Kmart. It is not the same as the high-end line of Zymol stuff.

For a one-step cleaner/wax I would recommend Meguiar`s #6.

Acura_RL
05-23-2003, 09:56 AM
You mean it`s licensed by turtle wax? ;)

I used that cleaner wax before. It`s decent and smells nice too, but like everyone said it`s not the optimum thing to use for a full blown detail.

jcattarulla
05-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Whoops! Yea, I meant Turtle Wax. Same thing!:p

oldakowski
05-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Yeah, i`m getting to the end of my bottle and realizing it`s just not that good. Water beading lasts longer than the old Meg`s Deep Crystal Carnauba, but thats not saying much (one month instead of 3 weeks).

I don`t find it particularly hard to work with, and it does smell really good. So after this bottle is gone, i`m going to the mail order market (God save me).

ferb!

Paintxpert
05-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Ryan - dont replace the SR with the zymol :nono

The SR is a polymer sealant and will provide your paint with much more protection, prior to the other steps :)

shaf
05-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Just curious, do you guys (or Ryan specifically) have any other paint prep products available to you? Things like swirl removers by Meguiar`s or 3M? It just strikes me as being.... "less than optimal" to use SRP just for paint prep and then trying to glaze over it, which I think might remove the SRP.

My personal take on this would be:

Polish, SRP, wax.

or

Polish, glaze, wax.

My 2.... pence? :D

chris0626
05-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Guess I`m with the majority here. Got the Zymol cleaner/wax as a freebie after a car show. Used it once. Then gave it to a friend`s teenage son. The results just weren`t impressive. Not a very effective cleaner. Absolutely "zingless" as a wax. :down

Ryan328is
05-24-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Just curious, do you guys (or Ryan specifically) have any other paint prep products available to you? Things like swirl removers by Meguiar`s or 3M? It just strikes me as being.... "less than optimal" to use SRP just for paint prep and then trying to glaze over it, which I think might remove the SRP.

My personal take on this would be:

Polish, SRP, wax.

or

Polish, glaze, wax.

My 2.... pence? :D

You can get most of the meguiars products in the uk now.

As for 3M, I emailed them enquiring about there SMR for dark cars and they replied saying that it was not available in the uk.

I think If a US company offers cheap product shipping to the UK they would make a lot of money out of it as the ammount products available just now to the UK is very poor.

Ryan