PDA

View Full Version : Going straight from DACP to P21S

ntwrkguy1
05-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Is it recommended to go straight from DACP to P21S`s GEPC? Or should I do a step of SMR after the DACP? The car in question is a dark gray Acura. The paint is kinda tough, though there are no swirl marks, just a fair amount of oxidation and staining. I`m using DACP because it`s on my shelf right now, though I`d love to see how this car looks with AIO!!

imported_BretFraz
05-22-2003, 08:43 AM
Its your call here. The DACP/GEPC combo is my usual system. If you work in the DACP fully it will break down to a SMR so you should not need the separate product.

Let the results be your guide here. There is no formula about what polishes to use and when. Use your own judgement.

Tim Lingor
05-22-2003, 09:35 AM
I like to add #82 Swirl Free Polish between DACP and S100 SEC. To me and IMHO, it seems to just add more depth to the finish!!

Spilchy
05-22-2003, 10:53 AM
I`ve frequently gone from working DACP fully to IHG to wax without any problems. You shouldn`t have any issues. Try it out on a panel after the DACP and see if you notice the difference. Play around, there is no set rule on what should follow.