PDA

View Full Version : Ever need to remove S100???

Deep_Freeze
05-21-2003, 03:15 PM
OK, I was wondering, on my black car, I used SEC then immediately went to S100. I now have 4 coats of S100 put on it in a matter of like less than two weeks (the car looks AMAZING btw). If I planned to continue to put on S100 around every 4 or 5 weeks all year to infinity, would I ever need to use SEC to remove old wax?? SEC says that it should be used every 6 months, but if you are always keeping 4 coats of wax on the car, do you ever NEED to clean all of the ol` wax off???

Just thinking aloud here, and kinda wondering what you guys think. I mean, durability would be less of an issue cause of how often the wax is applied. And if you clean it properly, each monthly wax coat would just replish the 4th coat. Hopefully it doesn`t sound too crazy, can just wax after a plain car wash and maybe QD and wax under a garage here during the winter. Have searched a lot and haven`t really seen anything addressing this, maybe cause noone else is as stupid as me to actually post the thought. :o

JasonC8301
05-21-2003, 03:35 PM
You may want to use SEC every 6 months to a year. Depends on what the cars goes through in terms of environmental exposure. The S100 will protect but crap will get stuck to the S100 wax layer that washing will not remove. Let it be tree sap, tar, bugs, etc. etc.

So on a daily driver that doesn`t have a home in a garage I would say SEC every 3-6 months.

On a garaged weekend warrior, once a year.

If course you would be the judge of when SEC is needed, sometimes somehting with a little more umph in certain spots due to really stubborn contamination.

I think this is why people have a spring cleaning and if you live in a 4 season climate, winter prep. To get that ellusive perfect shine and keep it, there is always constant upkeep.

G Money
05-21-2003, 03:39 PM
I use SEPC about every other time I wax with S100. I believe I can skip clay bars by using the paint cleaner more often.

SEPC is such a breeze to use and I hate clay.

MBZ 500E
05-21-2003, 06:14 PM
I SEPC before every coat of wax which seems to be about once a month on a garage queen. I like the look of SEPC and find the S100 goes on better if I use it.

Deep_Freeze
05-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I figure I will just have to judge my paint to see how much abuse the wax has taken. The only reason that I can see to use SEC more often is if bugs and such get caught in the wax. Guess I assumed the layer of s100 was harder than you guys are saying.

Have you guys had problems with junk getting under the wax??? Don`t think I have had that problem much in the past with other waxs, but if that is the case with s100, then I guess I will find out with prolonged usage of the product.