PDA

View Full Version : Leather Care for a new Mazda6

djmn
05-21-2003, 09:50 AM
I`ve been doing some reading on leather care and had a few specific questions for my car.

The only info I can dig up on the leather used in my car is that it is genuine leather throughout EXCEPT for the sides and backs of seats and other "minor" areas. Would the armrest, steering wheel, etc be "minor" areas?

I don`t know if this leather is "painted" or coated in anyway...

Should I use Lexol for the leather areas and 303 aerospace for the sides and back? Use lexol on the whole thing? or should I be using 303 on the whole thing?

Would using lexol on the whole thing benefit or worse, do any damage to the non-leather parts?

Lemonxxs
05-21-2003, 10:54 AM
most new car manufacturers coat the leather with a clear vinyl that is very very thin...this is to protect the leather from people who do not know hjow to take care of leather......

Lemonxxs
05-21-2003, 10:55 AM
OH yeah...you can use 303 on everything or leather treatment stuff on everything...it will not hurt either surfaces.....

I prefer the smell of leather treatment stuff so I use it on everything in the truck...

Green Monster
05-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Use 303 on everything. Your Mazda6 is a Ford and Ford coats all thier leather. Yes Ford owns Mazda.

If you can post pics or email them to me I may be looking into buying one. I used to have a SVT Contour and the Mazda6 is its replacement I guess. Thanks.

Enjoy the new car and keep it clean!!! :bounce

djmn
05-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys,

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to using just 303?

I realize that the leather is coated, but I just can`t comprehend using a vinyl cleaner/protector on the leather seats!

Maybe I`m just overthinking this?

Kleanride
05-21-2003, 01:06 PM
The Mazda6 is my favorite car on the road today. I wish I had Mazda6 leather to care for....

Now I am depressed.

nuts

paco
05-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Smell. Some people don`t like the smell of 303.

Also, it`s not really a conditioner but has excellent UV protection. If you seats in a top condition, 303 is great. If you seats need some TLC - try Scott`s Woolite cleaning or Leatherique/Lexol/Zaino conditioners and cleaner and top off with 303.

domZ'sp5
05-21-2003, 01:51 PM
I have a 2002 protege5, which I like, but it is underpowered. I call it a sheep in wolf`s clothing. Mazda is going to beef up the engine and call it the Mazda3 next year, I think.

The rx8 makes my heart beat very fast, though.....:D

Now, if I can talk the wife into letting me trade the 5 for the rx8...:rolleyes:

DomZ

Malibu
05-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Add me to the list of people who like 303 except for the smell. I have been using Einszett Cockpit Premium and Lederpflege recently and really like them. More so than the Lexol I used to use.

Mike