PDA

View Full Version : Last night ..and the new PC

unclearty
05-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Got a chance to try out my new PC last night on the black Benz. Used SMR (dark) alcohol and water then UPC and UPP. Nice and smooth but this morning, I see a little cloudiness underneath..not bad, but not right. I worked the SMR until it began drying and dusting. Wiped w/ MF and al/water. Any ideas?

I used Meg`s light yellow foam pad follwed w/ the beige buff pad for the UPC.

unclearty
05-21-2003, 09:20 AM
Hmmmmmm....(sound of crickets)...maybe people could list the products that they have had goog luck using with the PC on dark cars..and the order they use them in.

OUCH
05-21-2003, 09:53 AM
cause you used Alcohol and water, and that removed all the fillers. You`re not suppose to use Alcohol and water

C. Charles Hahn
05-21-2003, 10:14 AM
I always start by dusting the pad with a spray or two of QD or distilled water (whichever of these two is fine) to make sure the product application is nice and even.

Then make sure you work the product until you almost feel like you`re only working the pannel (I assure you you aren`t, there`s trace residue enough to keep that from happening.) and then do your MF buff out.

The alcohol/water should be fine, just make sure you`re doing it at a 50/50 rate, not like 70/30 because this can cause streaking. Some dollar stores sell "50% Isopropyl Alcohol" which is what I use right from the bottle since its already diluted correctly.

I would do the SMR with the yellow pad and speed 6 if you`re comfortable handling the machine at that speed, it seems to break the product down most thoroughly.

The UPC I would apply at speed 4 (also with the yellow pad), the UPP at around speed 2.5-3 with the tan pad, and hand buff.