PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s #6 followed by Premium Paint Protection

tguil
05-21-2003, 05:50 AM
What results could I expect using a PC polisher to apply Mequiar`s # 6 Cleaner/Wax followed in a day or two (after another wash) by Medallion Premium Paint Protection? I want good protection and something that looks good on my 2003 black Dodge Ram. It`s a heck of a lot of truck to do at one time. I don`t expect a show car shine. It`s a daily driver over dusty roads. It never has a deep, wet look. :(

imported_BretFraz
05-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Well, I`ve done that combo before and while it will look plenty nice the process is a bit redundant.

#6 has a little more cleaning ability than Medallion but Medallion will shine better than #6. I`m not too sure if you`d notice a big diff, though. Why not try both products on the hood side-by-side and see which one you like?

Since both products have cleaning ability one product will remove the other. The only benefit I can see is to use the superior cleaning power of the #6 to remove and fill swirls and top it with the Medallion for a better shine. But a true swirl mark remover would do a better job than the #6 at this task and would be a wiser choice.

Perhaps test your idea on a small area to see if you get the results you want.

imported_Aurora40
05-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Just my thoughts, but MPPP won`t add a deep, wet shine. It will add a nice highly reflective shine. It`s a nice product, especially for a one-step, but it isn`t overly deep.

Like Bret said, they are both cleaner/waxes, though MPPP is mild on cleaner. If you don`t already own both, get something like #9 instead of the #6 and top that with MPPP. Or, try topping the #6 with something like #26. Or (if you already own them) maybe use the #6 when the truck needs some cleaning, and then use MPPP for those times it doesn`t need so much. Then you`ll get to compare/contrast the looks and durability each one gives you.