PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Sap Tree

ercoreca
08-16-2004, 12:33 PM
HI ALL:

I HAVE TO PARK MY CAR UNDER A TREE, THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION, OF COURSE DURING LONG PERIODS I USE A CAR COVER BUT NOT IN SHORT PERIODS, MY QUESTIONS ARE:
IS THERE ANY PRODUCT TO PREVENT THE SAP GET GLUED TO THE CAR?
WHAT PRODUCT DO YOU RECOMEND ME TO REMOVED IT?
WHAT SHOULD I DO, IF I HAVE TO KEEP PARKING MY CAR OVER THERE?

THANKS

dazco
08-16-2004, 12:47 PM
I have the exact same problem. The only place i have to park at work is under a tree. I found there really is no solution other than to keep it waxed real well. I use a couple coats, and when i wash the sap comes off because it never gets a good grip on the finish when it`s well waxed. Unfortunatly this means a lot of work waxing regularly.

Sorry i can`t offer any help, but maybe someone else has a better answer. If not, clay it then a couple wax coats as often as you can find the time and wask once a week.

JaredPointer
08-16-2004, 01:00 PM
To remove sap use clay. Wash frequently also. You may also want to use a good sealant such as EX-P to help protect.

CharlesW
08-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Keeping a good coat of wax/sealant definitely helps with the removal.
Fortunately, I don`t get exposed to it that often, but Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe took it off for me. I have heard that PB`s Bird Sh*t Remover is a more concentrated cleaner than the S&W and it might work even better. :dunno

Charles

brwill2004
08-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Buy a car cover my friend. It sounds as if it would be well worth the money for someone in your situation. If not, the other suggestions sound good.

brwill2004
08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Nevermind, I did not read the whole post. Sorry.

andriver
08-16-2004, 05:03 PM
When I encounter sap I usually use S&W if I can`t wash.

Phil
08-16-2004, 05:13 PM
does anyone ever encounter large sap droppings? These are extremely hard to remove. I have learned that a plastic razor blade ( to break it down a little), and kerosine works pretty well.

Fallguy
08-16-2004, 08:34 PM
PB Spray & wipe = sap GONE !!

I park under tree`s at home and wipe my truck down almost daily.

ercoreca
08-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Fallguy
PB Spray & wipe = sap GONE !!

I park under tree`s at home and wipe my truck down almost daily.

thank you all:

IŽll try to keep my car cover, or remove the sap ASAP