PDA

View Full Version : Woolite Question For Scottwax.

Pages : [1] 2

rd_volvo
05-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi Scott,

Have you tried using your home made Woolite spray cleaner

for the vinyl dash and door skins. I currently use Vinylex

and water to pre clean the interior vinyl and then top with straight Vinylex.

Do you think the Woolite cleaner would beat the Vinylex cleaner?

thx

rd

Scottwax
05-20-2003, 06:44 PM
I`ve never used Vinylex, so I can`t compare the two, but you can use the woolite mixture on all interior surfaces. I also use Magnum Upholstry Cleaner which also works on vinyl, but when I run out, since Woolite is easier to get, I use it on everything.

imported_Larry A
05-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey Scott what is the mixture for your interior cleaner will it work on carpets and uph. will it clean a realy dirty interior.thank you for the info.

Scottwax
05-20-2003, 10:22 PM
I mix it 6 parts water, 1 part Woolite for all situations.

Nick T.
05-21-2003, 01:12 AM
IMO Woolite is a great all purpose cleaner. My Suburban (the Miata Masher) often carries as many as seven Boy Scouts and all their camping gear back from living in the woods for up to two weeks. Can you imagine how dirty they and their gear get after two weeks? Woolite hasn’t failed me yet!

gnahc79
05-21-2003, 01:28 AM
I`ve used Scott`s 6:1 with a lot of success. I do use the woolite foam (upholstery or heavy traffic) for the super dirty mats with a brush. Doesn`t get out the stuff that`s been there for 5+ years, but it still removes a lot. :xyxthumbs

Hey Nick, I swear this story is true (miata-masher related):

Back in the junior high days a friend of mine somehow got behind the steering wheel of the parents` Suburban and put it in reverse in a parking lot...don`t ask :). He hears a *crunch* and thinks he ran over a tennis racket. Remember it`s junior high so we`re not that bright. Turns out he sqooshed a Miata with the two rear tires sitting on the now non-existent Miata hood. Not exactly a tennis racket :D.

GoodnClean
05-21-2003, 02:23 AM
What kind of finish does it leave behind guys, I like matte...

imported_f150smith
05-21-2003, 07:57 AM
Scott

Do you need to rinse with plain water after using the Woolite Mixture??

Thank Al

Scottwax
05-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

What kind of finish does it leave behind guys, I like matte...

It doesn`t. It just cleans. No protective qualities at all. It does leave leather nice and soft though, even without using a protectant.

Scottwax
05-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by f150smith

Scott

Do you need to rinse with plain water after using the Woolite Mixture??

Thank Al

You can, but you don`t have to. On floor mats, it is a good idea though, since you usually have to use a lot more of the mixture to get them clean.

Nick T.
05-21-2003, 09:19 AM
One of the big advantages of Woolite is that it leaves a lot less residue than most cleaners/soaps. On leather and vinyl a final wipe with a little 303 Aerospace Protectant is my choice.

Acura_RL
05-21-2003, 04:47 PM
I learned about this in my "What`s your favorite product" thread. To me it seems like a better idea than forking out $7 for Lexol leather cleaner.

GoodnClean
05-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Acura_RL

I learned about this in my "What`s your favorite product" thread. To me it seems like a better idea than forking out $7 for Lexol leather cleaner.

Yeah wow, I`ll definately give it a try...

imported_jgv
05-22-2003, 04:09 AM
Is it this Woolite (http://www.fabriclink.com/Woolite/Home.html) ? It is comparable to other liquid laundry detergents, isn`t it?

shaf
05-22-2003, 01:41 PM
No, as far as I know, Woolite is a laundry detergent for delicate washables like wool and silk. It has different usage instructions too.

I bet you could substitute generic detergent for delicates too, and not just Woolite exclusively? :nixweiss